• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim W.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Brownsburg area
    I'm kinda new here, I don't post often but I do sign on and read often. I may be a little different then some of you (ok I'm probably a lot different then most of you). I wear a kilt a lot, modern style and tartan, so don't tease the guy in the kilt I'M PACKING!

Well I have been talking to a very nice lady that has given me a great opportunity. I told her that I wear kilts a lot and wanted to know if she made thigh holsters for men too. I did tell her that I don't want the flower. She said I was the first to ask her.

Camille from chicks holsters Chick Holsters is giving me the chance to test out her thigh holsters. I will be giving her my honest review with pictures.

Her prices are very good. Check out her site.

If you want I will post my review here too. She is mailing it to me tomorrow, so I should have it by this weekend.

Jim

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    I would think you will still be better served with a waist holster. *Thigh rigs work great when you have gear on your midsection that would interfere with a traditional holster, but are not as fast. Not to squash your idea, but it is just some food for thought. *

But the real question is, What is your clan?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I would think you will still be better served with a waist holster. *Thigh rigs work great when you have gear on your midsection that would interfere with a traditional holster, but are not as fast. Not to squash your idea, but it is just some food for thought. *

But the real question is, What is your clan?

I would agree if you're talking about this specific application (concealed under a kilt). From open carry however my hands tend to spend more time down near my thigh than they do up near my waist. I've spent countless hours carrying and training with both and I am faster from a thigh holster.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    I would agree if you're talking about this specific application (concealed under a kilt). From open carry however my hands tend to spend more time down near my thigh than they do up near my waist. I've spent countless hours carrying and training with both and I am faster from a thigh holster.

Different strokes man. *If I have gear on then the thigh rig is great, otherwise I really dig running my sig on my hip. *

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    Dude, do they make tactical sporran holsters? Time stamp this, I thought of it first. ;)

I think that might solve your problems if you just put your gun in your sporran. I had to look up what it was called, so to those who dont know.... its that pouch thingy in the front that hangs over the front of the kilt.

PuffersRampantLionSporran.jpg

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Jim, welcome aboard! I think there's enough celtic blood around here that no one will give you (too) much of a hard time!

When I read the title, the first thing that popped in my head was this:
    51-3400-head.jpg

The Thermite Versipack from Maxpedition can be worn as above with a leg strap and has an internal area for a firearm. Maybe this can replace the sporran? (With full credit to Gomez...)

Other than that, dunno, maybe the Smartcarry or Chick thigh holster I guess....

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    When you wear your skirt...... ahhhh i mean kilt... .put your gun in your man-purse.... uhhhhh i ... ahhh ... mean..... your ... uhhh.... Sporran.

j/k My mom's family were Clan Burns and my old college roommate was Scottish and a bagpiper (Clan McLennan) and I stood up with him in his wedding. All the groomsmen wore Kilts in the wedding military regulation style. I never got so much positive attention from so many women in one night. I guess i have cute knees.

SWKcargo12.jpg

Jim W.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Brownsburg area
    When you wear your skirt...... ahhhh i mean kilt... .put your gun in your man-purse.... uhhhhh i ... ahhh ... mean..... your ... uhhh.... Sporran.

j/k My mom's family were Clan Burns and my old college roommate was Scottish and a bagpiper (Clan McLennan) and I stood up with him in his wedding. All the groomsmen wore Kilts in the wedding military regulation style. I never got so much positive attention from so many women in one night. I guess i have cute knees.

SWKcargo12.jpg

I have had many great reviews mostly from women when I wear my kilt. The main reason for the cc thigh holster is for additional gun, or when being even more cc'd then normal.
    The picture of the gentleman in the kilt is a friend of mine from another forum that will be testing one of the holsters. He is an ex LEO, NRA trainer and black powder marksman. So don't let someones looks deceive you. As far as this picture. I have carried in the sporran but with all of your other stuff in there it gets a little cramped. Also it gets uncomfortable.

Well if anyone in the Brownsburg, Avon or Pittsboro area sees a guy in a kilt stop me and say hi. There aren't to many of us.

Somene asked me what clan I'm with. I'm not. I do have some Irish in me but mostly I wear them for comfort.

Top Bottom