• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Compromise implies that the two parties each have something the other part wants, and each party is willing give up something or offer something else of value to get what the other party has through negotiation.

The anti-gunners are asking us to "compromise." But what do they bring to the table? That's right, NOTHING. What they are really asking is for capitulation. And they will not stop unil ALL gun rights are gone.

Don't give up. Don't give in. Do not captulate.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I wish some of our "representatives" from the the various firearms interest/lobby groups could state it that clearly in front of a camera.

Loc n load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Compromise - not

You r absolutely correct....I have been a 2A activist since the "Saturday night special" ban was proposed back in the late 60-early 70's( Saturday night specials were the evil guns back then....they had not dreamed up assault weapons yet).....when u watch these people on TV and they say with a smug smirk on their face " we need to have a meaningful discussion", it means we can talk all you want as long as we get the guns.....the facts and rationale has always been on the gun owners side ( when people bother to learn the facts)....this whole dog and pony show that Uncle Joe and crew put on this week was a complete farce and has nothing to do with making our schools safer, or protecting our kids.....this will be quite obvious when they reveal their "master plan" this upcoming week. It's time for every gun owner to take the time to write their legislators, support rallies, support RKBA organizations...strand up for your rights.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Compromise implies that the two parties each have something the other part wants, and each party is willing give up something or offer something else of value to get what the other party has through negotiation.

The anti-gunners are asking us to "compromise." But what do they bring to the table? That's right, NOTHING. What they are really asking is for capitulation. And they will not stop until ALL gun rights are gone.

Don't give up. Don't give in. Do not capitulate.

The problem is based in the thought process the anti-gunners have. They believe that an AWB is a compromise because it is less than a outright and full ban on all types of firearms.

So for them, compromise is giving up part of our rights instead of giving up all our rights. That is what they consider compromise.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I dont know about a foot, but I sure as hell would like to give a few of them the boot.

Our compromise should be the banning of Gun Free Zones, and the repeal of all NFA laws.

Good point, NFA laws would seem a bit pointless if nobody can own magazines over 10 rounds. If we get the NFA repealed, then we can go back after the full capacity magazines.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Good point, NFA laws would seem a bit pointless if nobody can own magazines over 10 rounds. If we get the NFA repealed, then we can go back after the full capacity magazines.

The point was not to allow any new bans to go into effect, and to end gun free zones and the NFA.

The 2A has been infringed to much as it is.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    The problem is based in the thought process the anti-gunners have. They believe that an AWB is a compromise because it is less than a outright and full ban on all types of firearms.

So for them, compromise is giving up part of our rights instead of giving up all our rights. That is what they consider compromise.

Compromise indicates that some middle ground can be found.

<------- Direction they want to go
    Direction I want to go ------------->

There is no middle ground.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Compromise indicates that some middle ground can be found.

<------- Direction they want to go
    Direction I want to go ------------->

There is no middle ground.

You are correct. There is no middle ground. They have already gone to far. And I agree that we should not give them one more inch.

But in their minds, the AWB is the middle ground. Because if they could have their way...they would take all guns. Since they are not getting what they really want (total gun ban) then they think they are compromising. I don't agree with this, but this is where the anti-gunners are coming from right now.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    Exactly! So often these days compromise means doing what the DemocRATS want!

The anti-gunners are asking us to "compromise." But what do they bring to the table? That's right, NOTHING. What they are really asking is for capitulation. And they will not stop unil ALL gun rights are gone.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

But it's for the children.

Really.

That's all they got.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    You are correct. There is no middle ground. They have already gone to far. And I agree that we should not give them one more inch.

But in their minds, the AWB is the middle ground. Because if they could have their way...they would take all guns. Since they are not getting what they really want (total gun ban) then they think they are compromising. I don't agree with this, but this is where the anti-gunners are coming from right now.

Thanks.

What we need to realize is this: How many times will they force us to meet in the middle? You only have to meet in the middle four times to lose 94% of what you started with -- and we're ALREADY THERE.

They already have machine guns, SBR's, SBS's, supressors, AOW, "destructive devices", breechloading/rifled artrillery bans, import bans, parts counts laws, AP ammo bans, a myriad of exposive devices, and more I can't think of right now.

It ends here. No more capitulation. Stop letting them frame the question.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thanks.

What we need to realize is this: How many times will they force us to meet in the middle? You only have to meet in the middle four times to lose 94% of what you started with -- and we're ALREADY THERE.

They already have machine guns, SBR's, SBS's, supressors, AOW, "destructive devices", breechloading/rifled artrillery bans, import bans, parts counts laws, AP ammo bans, a myriad of exposive devices, and more I can't think of right now.

They're blaming us. They think we owe it to them. They keep talking about "common sense" gun laws as if thier overstated statistics makes their case. And then they marginalize us in Hollywood, media, the White House, and Congress.

You're right. This is not about compromise. They know they have some political capital because of Sandy hook. They're asking for the most sweeping gun control so that we might settle for less like 1994. But like you say, not one inch.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Thanks.

+100

Top Bottom