• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pingme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    This event will be on the mat, concrete, grass, steps, ground, etc..

And if it ain't rainin'... it ain't trainin'... we train regardless. ;) Bring your chow, we eat on the run.

Eye protection too. thx!

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I am interested but this thread and link offers little information. What time does the class start, how long each day, what kind of dress is required, what do you need to bring, location?

shotgun0311

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Camby
    Just got off the phone uniform for the weekend pt gear, eye pro, and if you have it a training blade. It sounds like a pretty intense course and some good training I will be there.

pingme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    I promise you its JKD! Contents are comprised of Pekiti-Tirsia, Krav Maga, Military Combatives, directly from Paul Vunak, and Dan Inosanto.

850 South State Street Greenfield IN. Pls be a little early, we start at 1030 end about 5ish. Start time same for Sunday.

FREE to current military/guard/reserves/retirees...must have ID and be in uniform

This event is not a beat down but it will be physical! ,,Be ready to sweat.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Few questions-

Do you do anything against smaller blades?
    What percentage of the time is dedicated to open hand vs knives?
    Who is the certification through?

Thanks- George

pingme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    The focus is fixed short blades, approx 8". Blade vs blade, blade vs empty hand...& I will also cover 'mini' blades (<2").

This is not a 'knife self-defense' course nor will you see a litany of techniques. We will however focus on how to move, dis-/ engage, defang, and how to neutralize. Tech are useless if you cant move your butt, throw a jab and some type of low line kick!

Empty hand is integrated into the curriculum, as you are aware the weapon is only an extension of the empty hand. But we will cover empty hand stand up, and some ground. Basically, we will touch upon the Rapid Assault Tactics (RAT) program.

This course picks up at the point 'the crap is hitting the fan'..weapons are out, we are engaged! I do not focus on analyzing perps, legal ramifications, etc. There are much better individuals than me on those types of subjects. This weekend is only about combat.

The certification is through Progressive Fighting Systems (PFS), Paul Vunak, and I am his Mid West Regional Director. I personally train with Paul on a regular basis.

I hope to have several very capable ppl attend, I am very open minded and always looking to trade tech and styles. You never stop learning!!

Thanks George!! Mauri

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Sorry, was just not aware that our military was currently engaged in many knife fights. You learn something new every day.- George

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    FYI, ping me was here an hour ago and is obviously not going to answer the questions posed.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    On his FB page he eludes to training SEAL Team 6 and according to Don Shipley (the goto guy for all things SEAL related) nobody knows him.- George

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    On his FB page he eludes to training SEAL Team 6 and according to Don Shipley (the goto guy for all things SEAL related) nobody knows him.- George

Are you talking about the OP (Pingme), or Paul Vunak? I think it's Paul Vunak that claims to have trained the SEALs (or, rather, helped them put together their training program). I checked out Paul Vunak's website, and he's got scanned letters from the Dept. of the Navy on there, so at first glance that claim would appear to be legit. At least PAUL VUNAK'S claim. As to the OP? :dunno:

http://www.fighting.net/Commendations.aspx

Last edited:

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Regardless of his certified Navy Seal marketing strategy, little of what has been discussed here gets to the worth of the class or the efficacy of the techniques taught. Do we have any idea if what he is teaching is worth learning?

I am always wary of people claiming they will certify a person to teach special ninja tactics in a weekend class. I am doubly skeptical when they feel the need to throw spec ops groups in to the marketing just to attract customers. Still, none of that really tells me anything about the actual class.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    does anyone actually know the OP or his credentials? I am interested in this type of class but I wont shell out my dollars on an unknown instructor.

Top Bottom