• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have it on good authority that 1) LWRC will maintain their brand and will be operated independently, and 2) their logo will still appear on their guns. That's good news.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I don't think it's fair to hold the Clinton ban era against Colt.

Why? Colt was one of the few companies that actually spent money researching and designing smart guns if I remember right.

That's like saying we can't hold Hillary against Wild Bill

Good about being ran independently, Colt has that problem of running themselves into the ground, I'd rather not see LWRC go

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Who on here has actually owned a LWRC or actually even fired one?
    This is my M6 IC. I also have a REPR I need to get into the studio for pics.

AB3A5281_zpsaad3dae6.jpg

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Who on here has actually owned a LWRC or actually even fired one?
    I own 3 LWRC piston uppers, and I really like them.
    I've had them for some years, they've never missed a beat even once, no matter how many rounds I put through them, and do run cleaner than my other AR15 type rifles.

On the flip side, my Colt AR15A2 HBAR I bought new in the late 1980's (the day before Cold announced no more civilian sales), though a fine accurate rifle, ISN'T as dependable and will start failing to go into battery in as little as 350 rounds after cleaning.

02roadster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Foxcliff, Morgan Co.
    Some of you fellows must hang around on different forums than I do. I am not an AR guy, so I won't even pretend to know anything about them, but I am a 1911 guy, Colt in particular, and I just don't get some folks questioning their quality these days. Colt is churning out some of the highest quality semi-auto pistols they have in years. On this very site, how many threads have been started saying, "My new Colt sucks", or "Problems with my new Colt". I don't ever recall reading any. In fact, on the other gun forums I frequent, you don't see threads like those either. Where the notion of Colts having poor quality comes from is a mystery to me. Their 1911's flat-out run. I should know. I have over ten of them, and none of them have had the slightest hiccup.

Same here, I have 4 Colt's in my collection (1911's) and have not had any issues with them. Beautiful weapons and quality is very fine. I don't understand the downplay of the Colt product either. :dunno:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Same here, I have 4 Colt's in my collection (1911's) and have not had any issues with them. Beautiful weapons and quality is very fine. I don't understand the downplay of the Colt product either. :dunno:

I have a 15+ yr Colt 1911, it shoots great (zero malfunctions), has a VVG trigger........but there are some minor cosmetic issues....just a little sloppiness in final finish.
    Not enough to bother me, but in today's market it'd make room for somebody else to eat their lunch.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This isn't about pistols.

yes I have a LWRC now and used to have 2. Sold one. Never had an issue.
    I have had issues with 3 colts that I can remember. Nothing that couldn't be corrected. But there is a cool factor to owning a colt AR

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have it on good authority that 1) LWRC will maintain their brand and will be operated independently, and 2) their logo will still appear on their guns. That's good news.
    That is good news!

I do not own one yet but have been looking into buying a few different used ones very heavily here lately or putting thought to it. I would say one is in my future for sure!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    That is good news!

I do not own one yet but have been looking into buying a few different used ones very heavily here lately or putting thought to it. I would say one is in my future for sure!

The used one currently in the classifieds is too high. You can get a brand new one for 2K.

Top Bottom