• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    yeah, my plan for the 5.56 originally was what I guess is called a "recce" rifle (didn't know this was a thing until after), and it's not a pretty girl, but it's gets what I need her for done, has good groupings at 100yd (the farthest I've found a good place to take her out to), but I wanna try testing out some 62gr Australian Outback I bought back when one website was selling cases for BOGO, so I got 400 rounds of high quality match grade ammo for the price of 200, out to a further range. I won't claim she's as good or better as anything, because she was my first build and I wasn't able to put all I wanted into her, but her total cost was around $650 with the VPO (technically a "blem" but not even noticeable and works fine).

Like I said, not a pretty girl, but she was my first AR, so she holds a special place, built on an 80% and had a buddy help me out putting it together, good memories from that day.
    20190128_175027.jpg

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    One of the few colts I would actively shell out money for is a DOE contract RO633, I love the look of them and how funky they look comparatively.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    So...am I allowed to like Colt or not?
    The flock says no. :sheep::koolaid::sheep:

Jagee, you should expound on the concept of, “we are all in different places in life”. I first told you this about 8 years ago. Your place in life has changed and now you are waiting on a stamp for a Noveske. Was I wrong, young man?

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    I mean, if you read headlines, we just go around killing things. "Are millennials killing X industry?"

*smug emote to convey fun poking*

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    yeah, my plan for the 5.56 originally was what I guess is called a "recce" rifle (didn't know this was a thing until after), and it's not a pretty girl, but it's gets what I need her for done, has good groupings at 100yd (the farthest I've found a good place to take her out to), but I wanna try testing out some 62gr Australian Outback I bought back when one website was selling cases for BOGO, so I got 400 rounds of high quality match grade ammo for the price of 200, out to a further range. I won't claim she's as good or better as anything, because she was my first build and I wasn't able to put all I wanted into her, but her total cost was around $650 with the VPO (technically a "blem" but not even noticeable and works fine).

Like I said, not a pretty girl, but she was my first AR, so she holds a special place, built on an 80% and had a buddy help me out putting it together, good memories from that day.
    20190128_175027.jpg
    She is a beauty, and will serve you well. Be friendly, and I can put you on 150 yards in Marion county.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I've met people who own transferables who said they don't want the Hughes repealed because it would "crash their portfolio". I don't see what my age matters in a statement of looking at history, also the AWB was 1994-2004. I've seen the history of Gun Legislation and each time there's a big gun bill, you have people hoarding and then jacking up prices because they care more about their pockets than they do about the rights of their fellow man. I want every able minded adult in this country to be able to own whatever arms they want and not to be restricted because some suits tell me it's not allowed. Shall not be infringed, but some people want to continue the infringement because "my investments"

I have been in the transferable world since the late 70's when the tax stamp was the big hurtle, with sometimes being more expensive that the firearm you were transferring. I dont believe that I have ever heard someone of my generation that owns transferables say, they dont want the Hughes Amendment repealed. I didn't buy MG's as investments, I bought them to shoot and they turned into investments.

And I dont believe that tax stamp holders are part of The Legislative Branch of the Federal Government...

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I was born in '87. Call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for dinner.

I've known, and shot with, KJ and CM for years now. Ive always been a cheap bastard but my current gun collection would appear different. I had a stock Windham AR that did what I needed back then. It has since moved on and I have other stuff. Most recently a Noveske Space Invader is in jail. Back in the day I wouldn't have spend that much on 3 guns combined, let alone 1 that needs a tax stamp.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I have been in the transferable world since the late 70's when the tax stamp was the big hurtle, with sometimes being more expensive that the firearm you were transferring. I dont believe that I have ever heard someone of my generation that owns transferables say, they dont want the Hughes Amendment repealed. I didn't buy MG's as investments, I bought them to shoot and they turned into investments.

And I dont believe that tax stamp holders are part of The Legislative Branch of the Federal Government...
    I skipped over this one Clay, that’s just internet myth ****. A guy that drops $30K on a machine gun wants machine guns. **** the Hughes amendment and make HK sears $300 again. I know of no one against that.

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg

I'm not saying you, but there are some people out there that believe that way, one of the most prominent people being that one guy from TFB who made an article saying FNC sears were the best way to get into the MG market, and then went around buying up about 80% of the sears with his dad's money, and then later went on record saying he's against repealing the Hughes because it would hurt his portfolio. He is one of the sole factors on why FNC auto sears skyrocketed in pricing. My generation has been cut from a decent chunk of the market of legal gun ownership, because it's not as easy to buy into it anymore, making MG ownership a rich man's game/country club. I'd like to go out and buy a full auto Mac for what would have been, what, around $1k after the tax stamp in the late 70s/early 80s? Or be able to put a 3rd hole in my AR9 and go to town on it. I want the Hughes to go so that the rights of the people won't be restricted

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I skipped over this one Clay, that’s just internet myth ****. A guy that drops $30K on a machine gun wants machine guns. **** the Hughes amendment and make HK sears $300 again. I know of no one against that.

Makes me miss catching up with Lamont for an afternoon AK meltdown...:ar15:

Last edited:

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    And on the subject of auto sears, not that I'd ever advocate for it, but with how technology is nowadays, and the fact that ARs have been able to be full computerized in schematic form, it has opened up way for people who don't follow laws to break them easier than before. Hell, you could make a DIAS with a coat hanger, not that I'd ever advocate people doing it, just saying that the Hughes only stops people who follow the law and not the people who would break it anyways. 16GA steel has also been shown to make a DIAS when bent the right way. It's a testament to it's own right as to how easy it is to break laws, but we don't because we aren't criminals.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I'm not saying you, but there are some people out there that believe that way, one of the most prominent people being that one guy from TFB who made an article saying FNC sears were the best way to get into the MG market, and then went around buying up about 80% of the sears with his dad's money, and then later went on record saying he's against repealing the Hughes because it would hurt his portfolio. He is one of the sole factors on why FNC auto sears skyrocketed in pricing. My generation has been cut from a decent chunk of the market of legal gun ownership, because it's not as easy to buy into it anymore, making MG ownership a rich man's game/country club. I'd like to go out and buy a full auto Mac for what would have been, what, around $1k after the tax stamp in the late 70s/early 80s? Or be able to put a 3rd hole in my AR9 and go to town on it. I want the Hughes to go so that the rights of the people won't be restricted

The Ingrams/RBP's that I bought were 185 bucks a piece. Save your money and start hanging around the transferable crowd thats local to you. You eventually will come into a good deal with one of them. One of the ya'yas I grew up with every few years has money issues and when that happens he calls and offers me one/two of his transferables for what he paid for them in the 80's. On the premise if he becomes flush again I will sell them back to him at the same price.
    A few years back I bought two IMI model A Uzi's transfered for under 7 grand...
    And I'm certainly not a rich man...

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    And on the subject of auto sears, not that I'd ever advocate for it, but with how technology is nowadays, and the fact that ARs have been able to be full computerized in schematic form, it has opened up way for people who don't follow laws to break them easier than before. Hell, you could make a DIAS with a coat hanger, not that I'd ever advocate people doing it, just saying that the Hughes only stops people who follow the law and not the people who would break it anyways. 16GA steel has also been shown to make a DIAS when bent the right way. It's a testament to it's own right as to how easy it is to break laws, but we don't because we aren't criminals.

In our day you could buy a parts kit drop in sear and drill a hole at the center punch mark and drive a roll pin in.
    That Federal Fine and Federal Time is tough to get past.... I know two Maryland gun store owners that did Federal Time for being stupid with registered MG's.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Makes me miss catching up with Lamont for an afternoon AK meltdown...:ar15:

The Ingrams/RBP's that I bought were 185 bucks a piece. Save your money and start hanging around the transferable crowd thats local to you. You eventually will come into a good deal with one of them. One of the ya'yas I grew up with every few years has money issues and when that happens he calls and offers me one/two of his transferables for what he paid for them in the 80's. On the premise if he becomes flush again I will sell them back to him at the same price.
    A few years back I bought two IMI model A Uzi's transfered for under 7 grand...
    And I'm certainly not a rich man...

I think you and I shot together out at Proteq, a couple years ago. Do you have a transferable MP5?

Top Bottom