• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    This kinda has a sentimental value to me. My dad had one back when I was a kid and I really liked the little thing. He only gave $15 for his and he never got rid of it, but he gave it to my sister and her husband sold it. Crap!!

I found this one at Pops, and yea I paid to much, but I needed it. It had some rust on the upper top part of the frame. I buffed off what I could and it went into the sand blaster. Theres still a little pitting there, but I don't want to change anymore of the guns profile.

Polished the firing pin, smoothed out the firing pin channel. Polished up some of the other internals. Cleaned up the grips a little bit. I then used Super Blue on it. Yea I know it looks black and that due to the sand blasting and the Super Blue.

Don watched me do a lot of the work and he said there was no way he would sand blast a gun. He was afraid it wouldn't turn out right if he was doing it. Not that hard once you take the plunge.

PICT0461.jpg

PICT0458.jpg

PICT0460.jpg

PICT0456.jpg

PICT0455.jpg

PICT0454.jpg

PICT0453.jpg

PICT0452.jpg

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    That looks great!

I definitely appreciate the sentimentality.

That's part of the reason I keep hoping Colt will resume production of so many models they built in the past.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Looks to me like it turned out okay. You paid too much? Shoot, I think that every time I unlimber my checkbook at the gun shop. ;)

And hey, it's a Colt! Nothing wrong with having one of those............
    I think the little .25s were a fairly popular pocket or vest gun back in the day.

I sort of think Colt's best days are behind them.

Hope I am wrong. But they do not appear to have much interest in the plain old "citizen" market.

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    I sort of think Colt's best days are behind them.

Hope I am wrong. But they do not appear to have much interest in the plain old "citizen" market.

It would seem they're really working on selling to those interested in Colt's history with the new release of the SAA revolvers, the new Delta Elite, and reissues of the 1911. I have read that they have some government contracts.

If they can flourish running the way they are now, great.

However, I can say that I'd like to buy a Colt revolver or two, but I want something I can carry not just a show piece. Even if they reissue the Python and/or Anaconda lines, that would be great.

Top Bottom