• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShovelGuy79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bloomfield
    Hello all. I recently added to my firearm collection when a family member passed away. In their collection i aquired their Cobray M-11 semi-auto 9mm. I put about 10 rounds through it about 15 years ago. i laid it out the other day and thought about taking it to the range for old times sake. as with most firearms i decided to do a little reading about it online and i was amazed at how many people have negative things to say about it. the ones that concern me are claims of failures that are a safety concerns. youtube even has a video of a supposed "blow-up". just wanted to get any opinions from users here that have any experience with them before i take it out. thanks!

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    i do. there bulky and look mean, but really they dont shoot real good, and they dont shoot real bad either, i bought one just because i saw one for a couple hundred bucks, i shot it and it wasnt very accurate but it fuctioned, i wouldnt call them junk, but there are way better 9mm hand guns out there,

Loc n load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Cobray

Your semi auto was made as an attempt for Cobray to market a "pistol" to the general public, the gun that your semi is modeled from is the Cobray "MAC" series of submachine guns. I have a lot of trigger time on these guns from the 60's, 70's. The orginal smg's were open bolt ,whereas your's is a closed bolt and probably marked on the frame "semi auto".....I have shot the full auto versions chambered in 45 acp (Mac 10), the 9mm (mac 11) and even a .380 acp version.....they were "bullet hoses".....Most of them I have fired using a suppressor (Sionics), or a barrel extenstion......cause with the rate of fire on the full auto's you really need to have both hands on the gun....these smg's were popular in certain circles in the 60's and 70's and even into the 80's.....but have been replaced with much better designs such as the Uzi and H&K's. It is not going to be accurate in comparison with normal handguns. But they do have a "distinctive" look.

t1545jh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Kokomo
    I have a full auto M11/9 with a Lage Max 11 upper. I cant say enough about this product and what it did to transform a crappy mac sheet metal gun into something worth shooting. Lage just came out with a version of this upper for semi-auto guns. Their products are top notch and IMO would be a worth while investment for your mac.

Semi-Auto MAX11 pictures

ShovelGuy79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bloomfield
    thanks for the info everyone. i hadn't heard of the lage uppers before. spent a minute learning about them and they seem to do alot for them, just not sure if i could justify $800 for mine being semi-auto.

Top Bottom