• ...and so much more!
  • bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    WXIX NEWS

Not much details yet, but states: "proposal preserves the Second Amendment while fixing the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, provides resources to help address mental health and school safety, protects veterans from false health determinations and addresses gun trafficking and straw purchasing. "

To be introduced as a "substitute Ammendment".

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    WXIX NEWS

Not much details yet, but states: "proposal preserves the Second Amendment while fixing the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, provides resources to help address mental health and school safety, protects veterans from false health determinations and addresses gun trafficking and straw purchasing. "

To be introduced as a "substitute Ammendment".

This part scares me a little. I'd like to know details.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Gotta love what those guys are trying to do... hopefully the next election we can get them some support!

Sorry, I disagree. They should keep their pie holes closed and let the whole thing die. All this will do is drag out the hard feelings and divisiveness that has been going on for months.:twocents:

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    From the press conference they just held, it's more about prosecution of Federal gun crimes than anything else. The NICS portion people who have already been legally adjudicated as mentally defective or has failed a qualifying drug test. It's not exactly something they throw around.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    This whole thing should be reserved to the states IMO. If a states want to do their own background check for a CCW/LTCH that supercedes a 4473, then the person who passes shouldn't be subject to a 4473.

That's the only "fix" that does anything worthwhile.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Why can't these folks, supposedly on our side:rolleyes:, get that the only legislation for now is NO LEGISLATION?

Any legislation passed at his time, even if it was totally in our favor, is a foot in the door for the anti's. It'll change the narrative the same as us allowing one tax increase has turned into "further revenues."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In regards to their proposal for National CCW (I hate that abbreviation)...

It would remove power from states, and give it to feds, yeah?

Indiana, for example, would LOSE some gun freedoms. Probably would require training, no more OC, etc... right? Or could states still keep some of those things?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm wondering if this is sort of a counter-move, so that when the next shooting happens the Dems can't just point back and say will killed the legislation "that 90% of the people wanted" and didn't offer any solutions.

Seems like a good time to make them put up or shut up with a counter-punch.

All that being said, I haven't seen or heard what they are wanting to do.

bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    I want to see and contemplate on the specifics, however, humor me here for a moment with some speculation here (and basing on who's sponsoring)...could be that it is protective of what we want while actually beneficial in aspects (such as protecting vets from false heath claims, for example), deals with enforcement of current laws, trafficking, etc. -

...if so, then maybe by introducing something that can pass, and thus defeating their bill, then maybe it could stave off another "new" bill to be pushed by the libs after the 2014 when it's not such an issue for the red state dems. You know that's going to happen if nothing happens now. Maybe without a large all-encompassing gun bill that addresses "reasonable issues of school safety and mental health..." to attach gun/mag bans to, the dems would only be able to introduce bans by themselves, which is much more likely to fail.

...OR it's meant to just peel the votes away and cause nothing to pass this time.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Seems like a good time to make them put up or shut up with a counter-punch.

I keep suggesting (incl to Stutzman and Coats) that if Universal NICS is soooo great, then let's apply it to the NFA process (or even move silencers/SBRs/SBSs to title 1), and reduce the processing time from months to days.... put up or shut up. THAT is "compromise."

"national ccw" -sounds- good, but the devil is in the details, funding, requirements, impact to state's rights, etc. If it's a simple law stating "if a state has provission for carry, then it must honor other state's permits/licenses for carry" and a state isn't forced to change it's licensing criteria, laws for where you can carry, etc etc, then I may be on board w/ it... maybe...

-rvb

Last edited:

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    In regards to their proposal for National CCW (I hate that abbreviation)...

It would remove power from states, and give it to feds, yeah?

Indiana, for example, would LOSE some gun freedoms. Probably would require training, no more OC, etc... right? Or could states still keep some of those things?

National CCW licensing isn't what I got out of it at all. Both their press conference and John Cornyn specifically mentioned state licensing in their presentations. Where did you get a national licensing/permitting system?

Top Bottom