• Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Agree and don't forget to add.

As hours goes up, amount of taxes taken increase causing hourly take hope to go down even MORE then baseline.
    As hours go up, attitude of the team goes out the window
    (Any little thing will set a team member off)

A few years ago, I worked 100 hours overtime. I paid a $6000 tax bill, a couple thousand was for overtime. I quit volunteering for it. They can hire more people because my efforts are being overly taxed. The let me keep 60% of it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    EB0eerEUwAA_DbF

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok, but what other bones were broken? They don’t say

The said something about him having a hangman's fracture, which obviously gets its name from the act of getting hanged.
    Until we know more, I'm going with the guy off'd himself... though the alternative is he sat back, docile, and let another person strangle him.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    A short drop and a quick stop will give you a hangman's fracture. It takes a good amount of force.

Most of the "at home" and "jailhouse" hangings I have seen are strangulations, not by design but by effect. Their heads will swell up like a pumpkin and turn all sorts of colors.

This usually happens when you use a wide ligature like bed linens. They could have been beat up before the ligature was placed and I wouldn't have been able to tell due to the over riding tissue response...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The said something about him having a hangman's fracture, which obviously gets its name from the act of getting hanged.
    Until we know more, I'm going with the guy off'd himself... though the alternative is he sat back, docile, and let another person strangle him.

Kut, you do realize that the hangman's fracture is caused bu the hangman exactly computing the weight of the person, length of drop and whether weight needs to be added. This is to ensure that the neck is properly broken, death is nearly instantaneous and the person in not decapitated in the process. It is a very exact science and there is actually a Hanhman's Manual.

British, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Table_of_Drops

There used to be, maybe still, a convict on death row in one of the north western States that had chosen Hanging as his form of punishment, but was/ is too over weight and would be decapitated. The courts decided it would be cruel to put him on a forced diet, so there he sat/sits.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/486-pound-death-row-inmate-fat-execute/story?id=17261585

Update he died in prison.

Inmate too fat to hang dies - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News

The vast majority of those that commit suicide by hanging die of strangulation. It is very uncommon foe a suicide to actually break their neck.

70% success rate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_hanging

Hanging is divided into suspension hanging and the much rarer drop hanging⁠ 

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    It's also difficult to get a fracture when you're hanging yourself from your own height, as the automatic response is to put your feet beneath yourself. It takes a TREMENDOUS act of will to actually land without your feet under you. I'm not saying it's impossible, just highly unlikely.

You have to REALLY want it to hang yourself from a bed post. It takes a good 4 or 5 minutes to strangle yourself and in that amount of time you have to fight your survival instinct to just stand up.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut, you do realize that the hangman's fracture is caused bu the hangman exactly computing the weight of the person, length of drop and whether weight needs to be added. This is to ensure that the neck is properly broken, death is nearly instantaneous and the person in not decapitated in the process. It is a very exact science and there is actually a Hanhman's Manual.

British, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Table_of_Drops

There used to be, maybe still, a convict on death row in one of the north western States that had chosen Hanging as his form of punishment, but was/ is too over weight and would be decapitated. The courts decided it would be cruel to put him on a forced diet, so there he sat/sits.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/486-pound-death-row-inmate-fat-execute/story?id=17261585

Update he died in prison.

Inmate too fat to hang dies - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News

The vast majority of those that commit suicide by hanging die of strangulation. It is very uncommon foe a suicide to actually break their neck.

70% success rate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_hanging

I did not know that... but, you should note that math was one of the forte's of Epstein. He very well may have put his mathematics skills to good use.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;B1wYTE8WvKQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1wYTE8WvKQ[/video]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Agree and don't forget to add.

As hours goes up, amount of taxes taken increase causing hourly take hope to go down even MORE then baseline.
    As hours go up, attitude of the team goes out the window
    (Any little thing will set a team member off)

One other thing to add that I read about. These guys' pensions are calculated by their average annual pay. Get a job making $150k. Work enough overtime to average $300k. When you retire you get a $300k worker's pension. As I recall a local Sheriff was busted for trying this except he was falsifying his timesheets.

Top Bottom