• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    Got a link to your add selling the AK? I'll take a look.

I was never gonna get into that platform, but lovemywoods bought one and put it into my hands a few years back. Figures that I would finally take an interest after their value went through the roof. :rolleyes:

I’ve had it for years, it just sits around collecting dust. I pull it out of the safe, dust it off and put it back. I put it up in the classifieds. She doesn’t see much action like my milsurps.

bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    It's true. It took a long time for me to really "get" this place. I joined 10+ years ago, and am mainly a reader/lurker, very few posts. I think it was only the last few years that I felt I understood INGO culture. I used to think "man, some of these people are a real pain in the butt!" Well, maybe they are, but now this place just makes me laugh, and I appreciate it.

I think I first approached it as a website that talked about guns, and had a classifieds. I read, bought and sold stuff, nothing more. I think it's meant to be much more than that, and can be if you let it. Fellas here have shared some very personal, poignant stories during meet-ups - it can be a chance to make a small connection with someone who used to be a stranger.

I've been offered free parts, help, advice, good deals, inspiration and more from people here. I don't post a lot, I'm a nobody, but there are a lot of good people here. Will they give ya a little crap from time to time? Yeah, maybe. It's like your family teasing you. INGO might not be for everyone, but I think the hope is you'll come for the guns and stay for the people.

OP- good luck with the sale, hope you'll consider giving these knuckleheads another chance.
    I’m a pain in the ass for sure and damn mean and grouchy, just ask my wife. I’m not bothered by anything anyone said at all. Spent years in public service being punched, spit on, screamed at…this is a walk in the park.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I've been here awhile, much like @led4thehed2 and this thread is similar to what happened over on the guns in police evidence thread. I think I figured it out. The "old timers" here are like a table of old farmers at a coffee shop in the morning. You can listen to them talk but don't jump in unless you're invited. That's not how they feel but that's how they're perceived. Then there's the new people. They're like people that go to a bar during the day. You can join any conversation being held at a bar between strangers, whether you know them or not, and what you bring to the conversation will be received and allowed. I'm sure I left out some better analogies but here we are.

There is a great amount of wonderful information on here but what blows my mind is we STILL haven't figured out Glocks v. 1911, pineapple v. no pineapple, or 9mm v. .45.

bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    I've been here awhile, much like @led4thehed2 and this thread is similar to what happened over on the guns in police evidence thread. I think I figured it out. The "old timers" here are like a table of old farmers at a coffee shop in the morning. You can listen to them talk but don't jump in unless you're invited. That's not how they feel but that's how they're perceived. Then there's the new people. They're like people that go to a bar during the day. You can join any conversation being held at a bar between strangers, whether you know them or not, and what you bring to the conversation will be received and allowed. I'm sure I left out some better analogies but here we are.

There is a great amount of wonderful information on here but what blows my mind is we STILL haven't figured out Glocks v. 1911, pineapple v. no pineapple, or 9mm v. .45.
    Great explanation. I’m 46 and drive 55 in the right lane, I might get a seat at the table.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    ..... There is a great amount of wonderful information on here but what blows my mind is we STILL haven't figured out Glocks v. 1911, pineapple v. no pineapple, or 9mm v. .45.

Everyone who is anyone knows the answer to these 3 questions.
    No Glocks
    No pineapple
    Depends on what you want to do.... kill the body or kill the soil soul.
    In order to maintain transparency, i'm no expert and I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.......just sayin.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m a pain in the ass for sure and damn mean and grouchy, just ask my wife. I’m not bothered by anything anyone said at all. Spent years in public service being punched, spit on, screamed at…this is a walk in the park.
    I suspect you'd fit right in. I guess if INGO has a clique, it's the grumpy old man clique. Welcome. And get the **** off my lawn.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It’s in the classified section under WASR 10. I can email separate pics to you directly if you want more than just the one.

Found it...

Excellent. Thank you!

A little tip, if you don't mind the suggestion?
    When you insert the image in your add, select the whole image to be posted, rather than just the thumbnail. That way the picture will load when the add is opened vs the delayed opening when the thumbnail is clicked on. Our old friend Churchmouse will thank you from the grave, along with any of the rest of us reading it.

:ingo:

bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    Found it...

Excellent. Thank you!

A little tip, if you don't mind the suggestion?
    When you insert the image in your add, select the whole image to be posted, rather than just the thumbnail. That way the picture will load when the add is opened vs the delayed opening when the thumbnail is clicked on. Our old friend Churchmouse will thank you from the grave, along with any of the rest of us reading it.

:ingo:
    Copy that, will do.

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    Not to change the subject, I just wanted to say that putting up with mosquitoes, black flies and no-see-ums is a small inconvenience for a chance to live in such a beautiful place like the UP of Michigan.
    Besides the bugs are around only 2 and a half months of the year.
    ( the other 9 and a half months are
    winter) lol

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009

1911, no pineapple, 45. I have it all figured out, thank you.

bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    Not to change the subject, I just wanted to say that putting up with mosquitoes, black flies and no-see-ums is a small inconvenience for a chance to live in such a beautiful place like the UP of Michigan.
    winter) lol
    The bugs are not a worry at our place and we love the seasons and long winters, if you could see the view and environment it would change some minds. Plus 300 feet of privately owned lakefront…

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    winter) lol
    But your Governor is there year 'round!

Top Bottom