• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    I can assure you they are still a problem. Friend has a cabin on the UP right on the lake. At the lake, no state bird. In any windbreak? Dead from blood loss.

View attachment 259622
    I know they’re bad, but I can assure you I’ve spent enough time at my property during the build and haven’t had any issues. Have even camped out up there in the middle of the summer, not a skeeter issue there. The flies have made an appearance though.

bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    This is why he got a hard time. Don’t let the door hit you where the good lord split ya.

For the record this has always been a forum to share thoughts that just happened to have a classifieds. We are more a community. If all you want is to hawk your **** there’s other places for that. I can’t see many here willing to buy with your approach and attitude.
    In the 2 years I’ve been on here I haven’t tried to sell anything. Furthermore, I read a lot of posts but rarely comment. It just so happens that I’m trying to offload an AK and realized I was a few posts short of the required 50. So I started a few, including this one that has now grown quite large. Shoot me for following the rules.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    In the 2 years I’ve been on here I haven’t tried to sell anything. Furthermore, I read a lot of posts but rarely comment. It just so happens that I’m trying to offload an AK and realized I was a few posts short of the required 50. So I started a few, including this one that has now grown quite large. Shoot me for following the rules.

Got a link to your add selling the AK? I'll take a look.

I was never gonna get into that platform, but lovemywoods bought one and put it into my hands a few years back. Figures that I would finally take an interest after their value went through the roof. :rolleyes:

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It’s not really anything like a high school clique. I can see why new people to the forum might think it is though. You see a forum with a classified section and you think, hey, great. I can join and sell my AK.

Thing is, this is a forum that happens to have a classified section for its members. It’s not gunbroker. Granted there are some members who are protective. Possibly too much so. They see a noob amassing post counts quickly and assume they’re “runners”.

It’s not about being a clique. It’s a community. In every community there are diverse opinions about things. Heck. We even have Glock fans here. No, really. We do. Most people just humor them though. Anyway, INGO is most definitely not a clique. But to someone new, I can see why you might think that.

It's true. It took a long time for me to really "get" this place. I joined 10+ years ago, and am mainly a reader/lurker, very few posts. I think it was only the last few years that I felt I understood INGO culture. I used to think "man, some of these people are a real pain in the butt!" Well, maybe they are, but now this place just makes me laugh, and I appreciate it.

I think I first approached it as a website that talked about guns, and had a classifieds. I read, bought and sold stuff, nothing more. I think it's meant to be much more than that, and can be if you let it. Fellas here have shared some very personal, poignant stories during meet-ups - it can be a chance to make a small connection with someone who used to be a stranger.

I've been offered free parts, help, advice, good deals, inspiration and more from people here. I don't post a lot, I'm a nobody, but there are a lot of good people here. Will they give ya a little crap from time to time? Yeah, maybe. It's like your family teasing you. INGO might not be for everyone, but I think the hope is you'll come for the guns and stay for the people.

OP- good luck with the sale, hope you'll consider giving these knuckleheads another chance.

Top Bottom