• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Everybody wants the classifieds to work their own way. Since most of us "gun folk" are pretty much type A personalities, that doesn't allow much wiggle room.

If we'd all mellow a bit, the classies would be a better place and A LOT MORE ACTIVE. :nono:

It's not a personal insult if you are offered less than you are asking. By the same token, a seller "learning" that his jewelry is really junk should not paint all of the classies with that same brush.

If our classifieds consist of nothing but "sellers pricing as new" and "low ballers," then maybe, just maybe, a little look in the mirror is in order?

Right friends? :ingo:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Some questions I get from Internet Gun shoppers.

what caliber is the Model 29?

will you hold it as I am away at a Buttermilk Convention till next Thursday?

will you take BitterCoin?

will you ship it to my brother in law in Alaska?

can I just buy the barrel?

fun stuff

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I do think people should give the caliber and other info on a gun rather than just the model.
    As a for instance, sometimes people will list a Glock and just put it is a model such and such. Unless you are a Glock person, you might have no idea what that means. I would have to already be pretty motivated to look it up at that point.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Everybody wants the classifieds to work their own way. Since most of us "gun folk" are pretty much type A personalities, that doesn't allow much wiggle room.
    If we'd all mellow a bit, the classies would be a better place and A LOT MORE ACTIVE. :nono:
    It's not a personal insult if you are offered less than you are asking. By the same token, a seller "learning" that his jewelry is really junk should not paint all of the classies with that same brush.
    If our classifieds consist of nothing but "sellers pricing as new" and "low ballers," then maybe, just maybe, a little look in the mirror is in order?
    Right friends? :ingo:

To sum up the following: the Classifieds are a source of great enjoyment.
    INGO is the source of great pleasure, since I like to be consumed by whatever hobby I have for the decade.
    I buy mostly from INGO members, but occasionally buy on Armslist.
    Since I've been around 3 yrs. now, it is fun to do business with the same people over and over again.

Advice/insight I get here on the threads is priceless.
    I bought specific guns, SW Gen 3 as an example, just b/c of what I read here & get interested in a gun I didn't even know about.
    Just last week, since I'd bought a Sig 365 from a member here, & was looking for a certain style of holster, Web knew exactly what I was looking for & left a website for me. Thanks Web! :thumbsup:

I find overpriced items (can buy same new) on both sites regularly.
    I also find value on both, but mostly on INGO.

Just yesterday I bought a Ruger P89 (again) from a member that I've bought/sold from 6-8 times.
    Also this week I bought an EAA Windicator from member that knew me from a gun range I went to in the past.
    Last week I sold a Kahr CT9 to a member that has bought at least 2 other .22LR revolvers from me, & I bought some ammo from him 2 weeks ago.
    I bought a Uberti Stallion .22LR from a member 3 weeks ago, then bought 10K rounds of ammo from him the week after.
    I bought a Performance Center SW from a member a month ago, and went back 2 days later I bought a gun from him that I'd sold him 13 months earlier (I had seller's regret :laugh:).

I immensely enjoy the relationships here & especially passing along a good deal I get when I'm done "renting" a gun, like the Kahr CT9 I bought here months ago for $250 with an extra mag & holster that I sold last week.
    I told him that it was fun to pass on a great deal to someone I know who looks for bargains like I do.
    :ingo:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I do think people should give the caliber and other info on a gun rather than just the model.
    As a for instance, sometimes people will list a Glock and just put it is a model such and such. Unless you are a Glock person, you might have no idea what that means. I would have to already be pretty motivated to look it up at that point.

This. I for one am not familiar with Glock models and often times folks leave caliber out.

Believe it or not, there are people here that don't know everything about every brand and model of firearms.

Again, you want to draw the interest of the largest audience. Go ahead and put a few details in the ad.

Sure I know about the Glock 17, 19,34 but I can't remember if the 42 is a .380 or is it the 43?

And I'm not brand new to this game. Imagine if someone new to firearms is looking to buy something!

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    This. I for one am not familiar with Glock models and often times folks leave caliber out.

Believe it or not, there are people here that don't know everything about every brand and model of firearms.

Again, you want to draw the interest of the largest audience. Go ahead and put a few details in the ad.

Sure I know about the Glock 17, 19,34 but I can't remember if the 42 is a .380 or is it the 43?

And I'm not brand new to this game. Imagine if someone new to firearms is looking to buy something!

If you’re in the market you should know what your after and do your research about said firearm(s).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

I totally agree.
    I buy and or sell a gun about once a week on average (trying to slow down in retirement).
    When people list guns & don’t put down basic info like the caliber or how many rounds are in the magazine: I have to look it all up.
    I sometimes will buy a gun just because I’m not familiar with it and not looking for it but it seems interesting and I want to try it out.
    Just today I was talking to a member about a Glock 45.
    I assumed it was a 45 caliber. :dunno:
    After about two emails he realized I didn’t know it wasn’t a 45 caliber, Ha!

I’m amazed that some people don’t put the basics down when they’re trying to sell a gun

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

People that use 1 sentence to describe everything with no location and no indication if travel is in the deal.
    Put a level pic in your ad. If the pic is upsides down and a 1 sentence ad I move on regardless of what it may be. Come on people...….:dunno:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If you’re in the market you should know what your after and do your research about said firearm(s).

If I have a particular firearm I want, I have to be careful I don't get caught up in paralysis of analysis. So, I agree when I am in the market for a particular firearm.

But I also like to look and see what else is out there. I peruse the classifieds even though I'm not in the market for anything right now. But you never know. Someone may list something that ignites a spark.

Haven't you ever walked into a gun shop just to look? And while looking, you say to the guy behind the counter, "let me see that" not knowing what model it is?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    People that use 1 sentence to describe everything with no location and no indication if travel is in the deal.
    Put a level pic in your ad. If the pic is upsides down and a 1 sentence ad I move on regardless of what it may be. Come on people...….:dunno:

On another note, I attended a 2 day class last weekend CM and used my 1911. It was nice to get that out.

600 rounds in two days, no cleaning and no malfunctions...other than the ones we induced for training purposes.

Okay, back to thread. Sorry about the slight drift.:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    On another note, I attended a 2 day class last weekend CM and used my 1911. It was nice to get that out.

600 rounds in two days, no cleaning and no malfunctions...other than the ones we induced for training purposes.

Okay, back to thread. Sorry about the slight drift.:)

On the same note I built CKW a custom 9mm 1911. Not shot it in yet but we will.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Put a level pic in your ad. If the pic is upsides down and a 1 sentence ad I move on regardless of what it may be. Come on people...Â….:dunno:

These new-fangled phones that are also cameras and computers can get squirrelly sometimes. I use the "phone-email-computer-my pictures-flip it over-save-drag to IMGUR-copy from IMGUR-paste on classies" method. I sure there are easier methods, but I don't have Grandchildren to help me with the technology :stickpoke::laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    These new-fangled phones that are also cameras and computers can get squirrelly sometimes. I use the "phone-email-computer-my pictures-flip it over-save-drag to IMGUR-copy from IMGUR-paste on classies" method. I sure there are easier methods, but I don't have Grandchildren to help me with the technology :stickpoke::laugh:

I take pic. Send to e-mail. Save to computer. Imgur will snatch it and if its not straight or right side up I fix it. Key word here is I fix it. And put multiple angles up as well. "FULL" disclosure.

If you say something to these members the common response is "Hey, you know what these look like.

My response, "Yeah but I want to see YOURS"

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I take pic. Send to e-mail. Save to computer. Imgur will snatch it and if its not straight or right side up I fix it. Key word here is I fix it. And put multiple angles up as well. "FULL" disclosure.

If you say something to these members the common response is "Hey, you know what these look like.

My response, "Yeah but I want to see YOURS"

No IT help from the Terrorists?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Actually no. I can fumble through on my own.....:oldwise:

The young folks have an advantage, this isn't new to them. It looks like I have one more click and drag step than you do, but it's pretty much the same route. The young folks can probably do it with a phone and one thumb.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The young folks have an advantage, this isn't new to them. It looks like I have one more click and drag step than you do, but it's pretty much the same route. The young folks can probably do it with a phone and one thumb.

I can not do it with my phone. Never tried never going to. I have a serious laptop that is my trusted partner.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I usually INGO in short, couple of minute sessions. So I do so from my phone about 95% of the time. But I do use the desktop version on my phone.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Haven't you ever walked into a gun shop just to look? And while looking, you say to the guy behind the counter, "let me see that" not knowing what model it is?

Been an amazingly long time since I have done this actually (kind of wish I still had that wonderment going when walking into a shop). By the time I walk into a shop these days (and for a long time now), I've usually researched something pretty well, and am going in to actually lay hands on something. That said, if I had a good shop close by that had a steady stream of interesting used stuff for good prices that would likely change up the way I shop.

Top Bottom