• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Saved the head shot for last....he gave the man a chance.

I'd say the man was given more than one chance.

This is from a few years ago guys. I know the link doesn't give a date and I'll see if I can track down a different source with a date. Found it, 2006. Bystander with Carry Permit Shoots and Kills Suspect With Headshot Who Was Attacking a Police Officer in Baton Rouge

There was a more in depth story. The guy that was beating the heck out of that officer was a beast of a man. IIRC, he played college football.

I thought this looked familiar, but I couldn't find a date in the report, darn news.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If this guy's contact details are made public, I'm going to send him a thank you card. In a world where people will let a person lie facedown on the sidewalk without offering assistance, he is certainly cut from a different cloth.

Edit: oh damn, it's old

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Most likely ball rds.

Hard to imagine (5) 230 grain ball rounds not taking the fight out of someone. But I did watch a video one time where a guy unloaded his 1911 before he put down a hog.

Something to be said for hollow points I guess! I wonder if my .38 Special +P HP's would stop better than my .45 RN would....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If this guy's contact details are made public, I'm going to send him a thank you card. In a world where people will let a person lie facedown on the sidewalk without offering assistance, he is certainly cut from a different cloth.

Edit: oh damn, it's old

Old or not your point is well made. I would say well more than 50% of those who post here would let this take place with no intervention. They have stated as much.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hard to imagine (5) 230 grain ball rounds not taking the fight out of someone. But I did watch a video one time where a guy unloaded his 1911 before he put down a hog.

Something to be said for hollow points I guess! I wonder if my .38 Special +P HP's would stop better than my .45 RN would....

As stated up thread this guy could have been jacked up on something. If you do not realize you are being hit then shock does not set in and you will continue to rage. As with any good Zombie shoot....the head is the end.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Good thing this is an old story. Thanks to Joe Biden, we now know that all he would have to do is fire a couple of blasts from a double-barreled shotgun into the air and the ruckus would have ended right there. :D

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    Side note: I may be a student of public education, but I count 6 shots to take down this one individual. if this were to happen in New York...

if it happened in New York it would've taken 247 shots from 7 officers to complete the same task.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To just stand by and watch (or run and hide, nancy boy's) another human being get beat down is just wrong. What if it were you, your wife, children etc and so on.

World has went straight up sissy la-la.....

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    How you will respond to the need of another human is based a lot on how you were raised. Most people who would try to help do so because they are afraid of living with the guilt of not trying, not because they are heros.

Pussies, cowards and pacifists were also raised that way.

I saw a lot of cops and others going towards the blast yesterday. Just a bunch of pussies in one of the safest jobs in America. Do I really need to use purple?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    As I've mentioned here before in other contexts, when I lived in Houston in the early '80s, I watched six cops attempting to arrest a huge guy (high on PCP) who had just thrown his mother's console television in the apartment complex swimming pool. It was like wolves trying to take down a bear. Looking back on it, I marvel that none of them backed off and shot the guy - but that might just have pissed him off even more.

Top Bottom