• Status
    Not open for further replies.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Christ didnt teach alot of thing's America allows....

Im curious, if Christ is the way. And Islam is not.

Would this not make the Church right for burning these books.

I see so many here are against "hate", it begs the question, how many of you have actually read the Quran, that thing is full of oppressive, and hatred for anyone who isnt a Muslim.

Would Jesus teach Islam?
    No he wouldnt but he did teach to disciple and witness but not through the barrel of a gun like Islam teaches. Islam tells to kill,destroy,rape,murder,etc it is the mindset they have and methods they use that Christians see as wrong. Sadly I see alot of Christians with the same attitude. There is just something wrong about wanting and being willing to kill people that clearly the bible teaches are saveable. Salvation was offered by Jesus to both Jews and Gentiles and yes current Muslims too.

Since when is a book burning the equivalent of wanting to kill people? You people do make some ridiculous stretches in logic.

I hope some of them remember to bring the marshmallows and chocolate too.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Those who would burn Korans - would burn Bibles...
    they would burn Torahs.
    They would even burn Pagans and witches...
    or anything else they disagree with at the moment.

Remember that the crowd with torches and axes is fickle...

Be very careful when supporting such things. The crowd that you cheer on, as they harass your "enemy" may well be coming for you - next.

Side note - I agree with other posters that such actions are not in harmony with the teachings of Christ. Nor of most other reasonable religions. Nor of most other reasonable people of ANY belief.

<obligatory Neil Peart quote below>
    Quick to judge, Quick to anger, slow to understand.... ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand...
    -Neil Peart

Last edited:

signut49

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Wherever I want
    Watch your back!

If christian would put away what their flesh wants to do (fight,kill,oppose) then the glory of God IMO would be shown. The Islamist want more bloodshed so the Quran and Muslim killing antics only make them smile because Christians are not showing a Christly example. Jesus never opened his mouth when being tortured and crucified and his example has truly changed people. This past year we had 2 muslim men come into our church and by the end of a couple weeks they confessed their sins and got baptized. If we would all have started shouting and fighting and do the whole kill the Muslims rant then I dont think they would have ever got saved they would have just walked out. One even got disowned by his family after renouncing Islam. Great stuff God can do if we would stop acting so evil ourselves. Forgive the rant just my opinion.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Watch your back!

While I'm sure it's not easy to believe... and certainly there are fakers. Ya might want to consider the case of a guy named Saul... very well educated zealot that didn't like Christians too much. He had a pretty close encounter with Diety and changed his mind. Changed his name to Paul (as in the apostle Paul). It CAN happen. People CAN change their lives around.

Just sayin' ....

nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    people wonder why "Christians" are made fun of...stuff like this.

Too bad.
    and this is why because we do care about people ,these animals do not. soo jj you think its ok for every other religion to trample on my faith cause im not theirs and rape murder lie and cheat as well????.ill stand for my faith , i thinks its wrong to burn any holy book.but i think christians are taken advantage of because of their wanting to help people not opress them.if muslims treated us with respect there would be no issue.plain and simple.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Read his posts, yeah, I think you have him pegged....

I realize he is likely a psychopath, but I'm not sure why I ever even get involved with threads like these. Maybe its because I feel for Christians, REAL Christians who get a bad reputation because of guys like this.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Go to any Islamic Nation see if you recieve half as good a treatment as they have experienced in the West.

Many of you think Islam is only now reaching they're 'dark ages growing pains', nevermind they never really left that eras mentality.

Google Muslims in Europe.

Google the Koran.

Google Muslim brutality.

Or even Society.

Google Iran, Turkey, Astan, practically any part of the Middle East.
    There were once a time when these areas were the penicle of civilization, art, technology, beauty and brotherly-love.

Under Muslim rule, all that went away.

Call me what you will, Jarrell, you and so many other's can easily find fault in one, but NONE of you have ever disproven a single thing I ever said.

Dross, funny you call me disgusting, with your bandwagon coharts, yet many of you people defend Islam.

So when can I pack your bags, and send you on your way over there?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Jesus endorsed turn the other cheek and he can deliver you and me out of any evil or situation. My God is the same one that rained manna,healed and delivered his people out of the hands of the enemy many times and still does. You and your gun cant save. I pray that you will see that in the end you only create more destruction and bloodshed for yourself and others. Sadly with your mindset it shows the folly of the Crusades and why they failed. They did nothing to advance Christ's message but they did succeed in carrying the Devils message and Islams which is Kill,steal and destroy anyone that is not like you. Prayers sent, brother.

Jesus taught us to turn the other cheek, but he didn't condemn the soldier, either. Not everyone is given the grace to be a martyr or to suffer humiliation in His Name and if you will not fight the Islamist, you will definitely Submit to him at some point - that's the main tenet of Islam.

You presumably have no moral objections to killing another in defense of yourself or someone else or you would find somewhere else to spend your time than on this forum, so why would you object to killing terrorists (who have no compunction about killing you, but would rather kill your wife and children) as a policy?

Where I take issue with this particular church, and some of my fellows on the forum, is that we shouldn't be killing anyone out of hate and we shouldn't be deliberately inciting _anyone_ through an act of hate. If we bury some terrorists in pigskin (as has been suggested elsewhere), we should be doing it as a cold-blooded deterrent, not as a payback. Hate blinds us and impedes us from dealing efficiently with those who would harm us, and too much hatred stunts us spiritually and even physically.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    That's funny, history is full of people who started with books then moved on to burning or executing people.

History is full of people who used legally obtained firearms for violent and evil purposes. I suppose it's only a matter of time before you and I conform to historical precedence?

:rolleyes:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I realize he is likely a psychopath, but I'm not sure why I ever even get involved with threads like these. Maybe its because I feel for Christians, REAL Christians who get a bad reputation because of guys like this.

Again, brother Im not a Christian. I am a Pagan.

I feel for REAL Christians, not Churchanity, Not Christians who have been manipulated to be pacifist. NOT Christians who have allowed they're beliefs to be trampled EVERYWHERE, who have been manipulated to allow disgusting, vile people like murders, rapist and molesters to live because of turn the other cheek.

Jesus was NEVER a weak, pacifist.

Go ahead an attack the Crusaders. They were the only people who kept you from being born a Muslim, in some rathole.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Dross, funny you call me disgusting, with your bandwagon coharts, yet many of you people defend Islam.

So when can I pack your bags, and send you on your way over there?

Read my posts. I'm as hard on Islam's political aspects and its radical adherents AND their apologists as anyone.

Burning books is disgusting. You REFUTE them through intellectual argument, you don't burn them. Also, your association with stormfag and your posts there reveal your colors. I'm disgusted by you. YOU are the enemy.

Never again. Or would you prefer, "Arbeit macht frei"

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Christ didnt teach alot of thing's America allows....

Im curious, if Christ is the way. And Islam is not.

Would this not make the Church right for burning these books.

I see so many here are against "hate", it begs the question, how many of you have actually read the Quran, that thing is full of oppressive, and hatred for anyone who isnt a Muslim.

Would Jesus teach Islam?[/quote/
    No he wouldnt but he did teach to disciple and witness but not through the barrel of a gun like Islam teaches. Islam tells to kill,destroy,rape,murder,etc it is the mindset they have and methods they use that Christians see as wrong. Sadly I see alot of Christians with the same attitude. There is just something wrong about wanting and being willing to kill people that clearly the bible teaches are saveable. Salvation was offered by Jesus to both Jews and Gentiles and yes current Muslims too.

Yet when Jesus sent the Disciples out the second time, he told them to bring their swords. Certainly Muslims can be saved, if they're willing. Go over to England and proselytize them and you'll be arrested (same for Detroit, apparently). Do the same thing in Saudi Arabia - they'll kill you. Thank God we have good Christians who are willing to be Martyrs, if necessary, to spread the Good News. But it's unlawful to do it throughout most of the Middle East.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom