0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    images

A-Frisbee-made-in-China-China-is-awesome-Ill-give-you-6000.jpg

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Pawn Stars is great. If there is acting in it, it is minimal. One of my favorite shows to watch, and I can count those all on one hand.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    If there is acting in it, it is minimal.

I love how Rick will just be looking at a tray holding 20 gold necklaces on the counter. As he starts to put it back in the case, someone just happens to walk in with an item that is worth $20K. He has better things to be doing than organizing small items in the cases! In my eyes, they are acting. None the less, I love watching that show. As they say, you never know what will walk through the door next.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    did you folks see the one that the lady brought in the jewelry spider. she said she wanted 2 grand and rick said he couldn't pay that in in good conchence. he would give her 15 grand.. then she tried for 17 grand. i would be pissed in i offered somone 13000 extra and they wanted 15000 extra

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    When they have a highdollar item come In, they will clear out the shop so there isn't too much in there distracting away from the object. Sometimes they will also reschedule the person to come back in so they can do the research on it.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    im sure they seek out "customers" to come in the store for the purpose of the show. heck some instances might be items that they already had in the store and they have an actor come back in with it to act out a sale. theres no way they have all of that stuff worth that much coming in weekly just out of fate. those guys would be the richest guys in vegas. plus im sorry but if your gonna walk into my store with something thats worth $20k and you have no clue what its worth and i can get away with giving you a grand and your happy, then im gonna do it all day long. no pawn broker in their right mind is gonna call in an expert to also educate the customer that they could get more money for an item. its all for show. its all acting. and corey better lose some damn weight or he isnt gonna fit in the front door. the kid can barely breath he's so fat. sad

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Theres gotta be some xtra money in there somewhere

Just like in those Peoples Court type shows, they are paid out of a fund that the show has no doubt paid for by advertisers, nobody really loses in those shows. I'll just bet there is some type of arrangment with Pawn Stars. Thing of it is I'd CMA by calling in an expert for some of the stuff that comes in to prevent bying fakes and reproductions. And finally I've seen afew people walk away. most notably a guy had a complete Officers portable desk from the 10th Indana Volunteers from the Civil War, with genuine papers in it. Can't remeber the offer but he walked away, maybe he'll go to an auction house, or donate it to a museum, maybe here in Indiana. Also I have my doubts about their "Gun Expert". Most of the time it looks like he's right on but, there was a trap door gun he didn't think was worth much, and I don't think he properly Identified the early colt in the gamblers kit. It looked like the very first revolver model made by Colt because it had no trigger guard, no loading lever and the telltale cylinder removal pin. Not an expert myself, just watch a lot of History Channel and have a nearly complete collection of "Tales of the Gun" through the NRA. :dunno:

Last edited:

localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Pawn stars is much better than the scumbags on the detroit pawn show....The detroit pawn show tose people know NOTHING...Rick from pawn stars seems to know more than the douches from the low lifes from detroit pawn

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I imagine there are some buys that they don't want televised. You know, when they give someone $100 for something that is valued at about $10K. There are probably also some buys that they are on the wrong side of (i.e. counterfeits).

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I like Pawn Stars and I do beleive some of it is staged. They advertise for people to bring in the weird or not so common stuff. Pawn shops will never give you what your item is worth everyone should know that. They are in the business to make money so if someone really needs the money they take the offer even tho they know it is worth more. I know a retired Pawn Shop owner personally and he told me how all this works and I beleive him.
    The show is funny sometimes and the old man, all he has to do is sit around and sleep and count the money. :yesway: That shop is open 24/7 can you imagine in Vegas all the crap that does come in? Not like the small shops here in Indiana thats for sure.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom