• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    This is one of the best Flash Mob's I've seen. It's well worth the 5 minutes of your time to watch it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnt7euRF5Pg[/ame]

This is not to become a religious discussion. The title says "Christ"mas Flash Mob, not "Happy Holiday's" Flash Mob. If Christmas offends you don't watch the video.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I believe it was done as a viral advertisement for the photography company listed at the end. Still freaking awesome. I knew what the link was going to be based on the subject of the thread :)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I have recently heard the term "flash mob" in relation to a massive attack (stealing/assaulting) coordinated by social media or text messages. Did not realize it had anything to do with singing.

Why the corellation?

Icarus52003

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    The singing flash mobs were first, I'm pretty sure. They were often initiated through social media. Then the worst of society hijacked the idea and began assembling criminal flash mobs.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I have recently heard the term "flash mob" in relation to a massive attack (stealing/assaulting) coordinated by social media or text messages. Did not realize it had anything to do with singing.

Why the corellation?

A flash mob, at least as I have heard them for a few years now, was always a pre-planned event, that suddenly (flash) just happens with a large group of people (mob), usually in a very public place with lots of unknowing people. Everything from singing, a scene from a play, planking, tebowing, mock fishing in a fountain, people just suddenly freezing in place, random acts of silliness, etc.

the recent calling of the violent groups of a flash mob was the media spin.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    The singing flash mobs were first, I'm pretty sure. They were often initiated through social media. Then the worst of society hijacked the idea and began assembling criminal flash mobs.

A flash mob, at least as I have heard them for a few years now, was always a pre-planned event, that suddenly (flash) just happens with a large group of people (mob), usually in a very public place with lots of unknowing people. Everything from singing, a scene from a play, planking, tebowing, mock fishing in a fountain, people just suddenly freezing in place, random acts of silliness, etc.

the recent calling of the violent groups of a flash mob was the media spin.

:+1: They ^^^^ are both correct. I was surprised when I saw the news 6 or 8 months ago talking about a flash mob and it turned out to be a group of kids storming a convenient store and robbing it.

Top Bottom