• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cottong2001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Down the road a piece...
    I recently started reading Marcus Luttrell's second book, "Service" in which he talks a lot about Chris Kyle. Chris's book was next on my list.

What a horrible horrible thing! I hope there's a special place in hell reserved for the piece of trash that did this.

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    Terrible day.... RIP Chris Kyle. I have not read his book yet but hear its great. Will be buying it to read soon. Should take on a different meaning now that he is gone.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    I recently started reading Marcus Luttrell's second book, "Service" in which he talks a lot about Chris Kyle. Chris's book was next on my list.

What a horrible horrible thing! I hope there's a special place in hell reserved for the piece of trash that did this.

Did you Read Marcus Luttrell's first book? if so how was it? I read Chris's book is about 9 hours (in a 3 day span) its pretty awesome It might even top No Easy Day ( yes I'm guilty of reading it) Chirs has/had 2 more books coming out this spring I was looking forward to them as well?

Cottong2001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Down the road a piece...
    Did you Read Marcus Luttrell's first book? if so how was it? I read Chris's book is about 9 hours (in a 3 day span) its pretty awesome It might even top No Easy Day ( yes I'm guilty of reading it) Chirs has/had 2 more books coming out this spring I was looking forward to them as well?

Yes. Loved it. Actually listened to it on Audible. I think the narrator does a pretty good job of capturing Luttrell's demeanor too. Read No Easy Day on a business trip to CA. All these guys are heroes in my view.

Last edited:

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Yes. Loved it. Actually listened to it on Audible. I think the narrator does a pretty good job of capturing Luttrell's demeanor too. Read No Easy Day on a business trip to CA. All these guys are heroes in my view.
    I could not a agree more.. Another good one is "In to the Fire" By Dakota Meyer

bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    I always hoped I'd get a chance to meet him just to shake his hand and say Thank You. Man this sucks. And yes, if you haven't, read his book. He saved far more lives than the 255 he took over there and he continued to try and save lives here, which ultimately cost him his. Huge, profound loss. RIP Chris

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Chris didn't have to help PTSD suffering vets, he could just as easily have been spending more family time at home, on a hunting trip, training others, but he couldn't turn away from a guy with issues. Just the way he was.

His loss goes far beyond the obvious...so tragic.

Godspeed Chris Kyle, and may God hold his family close to His heart.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    This really sucks. RIP Chris. I loved his book. It gave us a view both the family and the soldier. Some one seems to be after our true leaders. After all that is good about us shooters.

Top Bottom