• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Magpul Dynamics is on my really, really short list of folks to train with. I just hope they make it to a few more northerly locations next year, b/c traveling to FL or TX or AZ is pretty much out of the question. :crying: They did a pistol class up in Michigan back in June that would've been doable, but IIRC it was the same weekend that I was shooting the EAG carbine course @ Boone County.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    There is ALOT of good stuff in that video Fenway.

Great post.

I also agree with Mark, I hope Magpul Dynamics can get something lined up here in Indy.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I have really enjoyed watching some of their stuff online. I would like to train with them as well. Maybe we can make that happen through this forum! :thumbsup:

Magpul Dynamics is on my really, really short list of folks to train with. I just hope they make it to a few more northerly locations next year, b/c traveling to FL or TX or AZ is pretty much out of the question. :crying: They did a pistol class up in Michigan back in June that would've been doable, but IIRC it was the same weekend that I was shooting the EAG carbine course @ Boone County.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    That was a great video.

I would love to participate in training like that, but I've got a pretty serious back problem. As interesting as that training looks, the thought of doing some of those shooting positions intimidates me because I would never be able to do all of them.

Anyone else participate in this type of training with a bad back?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'm sure just about any trainer would let you lay out on drills you couldn't do because of physical limitations.

If we were to set something up in the future maybe fire off an email and ask before committing to the class.

That was a great video.

I would love to participate in training like that, but I've got a pretty serious back problem. As interesting as that training looks, the thought of doing some of those shooting positions intimidates me because I would never be able to do all of them.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    This is more of the "Hollywood" trailer stuff. I think one of these has been posted on this forum before.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=segtXBwglj4]YouTube - Magpul Dynamics Live Fire Drill[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJS3-O9xDo]YouTube - Magpul Dynamics DVD trailer 2[/ame]

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Thanks Fenway for the response.

I've only recently purchased my first couple of rifles and would love to become proficient and comfortable with them.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks Fenway for the response.

I've only recently purchased my first couple of rifles and would love to become proficient and comfortable with them.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've just recently gotten into rifles myself. I wouldn't mind taking Magpul course.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I'm one of the nuts! In my experience, good instructors won't ask you to do anything you can't do without risking injury. If I were you, I would discuss your limitations with your instructor before the class, and they can give you proper guidance for their specific class.

Barry should pipe-in here soon too.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Would you rock the Nagant?

Well, that's kind of the problem. I can't put more than a couple dozen rounds through the Mosin before I'm done. That means I'd have to use the AR. Not that it would be a problem, but I don't think it would be fun to use past 50 yards or so.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Most carbine classes (there are exceptions) concentrate on use of the carbine at 50 yards and less, with most of that being at 25 yards and less.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Randy Cain does a "practical rifle" class that is intended for bolt-action rifles. He is highly recommended for his entire curriculum.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was planning to go to an Appleseed event at some point, but I don't want to use an AR and I don't have a rifle I can spend two days shooting. I'm kind of putting it off until I get one.

Fenway, any time you wanna shoot the Mosins, just say the word, man. :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Scutter ... do you have a .22LR? Those are entirely acceptable for Appleseed shoots and you'll save a lot of $$$ on ammo.

Top Bottom