• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Hey guys, looking to pick up a new choke tube for my Remington 870 to use for what I would call skeet shooting. It's not technically skeet shooting but we use the red hand throwers. Anyways I'm hoping to get every last bit out of my gun for this purpose and figured I should improve on the factory modified choke tube that came with the gun in my 28" barrel. What are your recommendations?

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Yeah that seemed like the obvious choice but didnt know if anyone liked any of the other options a little better for this type of shooting. I'm gonna try and find one today.

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    No hard core skeet shooters out there? Is the "skeet" choke the way to go? What about the special black chokes by remington that are supposed to give you an even "better" pattern. I could use some help here guys. Im definately a newb in the skeet shooting world.

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    Most shots taken in skeet are less than 20 feet away and a skeet choke is fine. Improved cylinder is a little tighter. If you are going to shoot trap use a modified of full. I would try the modified it might work just fine and you can use the cheap 100 round ammo packs from wally world. They usually are #7.5 or #8 shot and will shoot a good pattern. I use a full for trap and a modified and improved cylinder for sporting clays.

Top Bottom