China PLA officers urge economic punch against U.S.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    China PLA officers urge economic punch against U.S. | Reuters

BEIJING (Reuters) - Senior Chinese military officers have proposed that their country boost defense spending, adjust PLA deployments, and possibly sell some U.S. bonds to punish Washington for its latest round of arms sales to Taiwan.
    Now we'll have to see if they actually carry through with this, and then wonder what "O" will do in response, if anything.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Obama will add Walmart to the government stable, unionize it, watch over its demise, announce its failure was good for hard-working Americans, and add those hard-working Americans to the unemployment rolls (and dependence on the government).

Obama will force Wal-mart to stop buying from them, which will cause the Chinese economy to collapse.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Then, once we arent filling Wal-mart with Chinese goods, maybe we will actually have some manufacturing here in the states again!, and that would mean jobs!

SD45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    We joke about all of this...but in reality our monetary system is a fragile thing and a rapid sell off our our T-bonds, especially during a high inflationary period (which is coming) would be absolutely devastation. (Germany 1920's). Of course...China would have to find a buyer for all the bonds....

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Obama will force Wal-mart to stop buying from them, which will cause the Chinese economy to collapse.

Actually, that would be my suggestion. If they wish to commit an act of economic warfare, we respond in kind.

Stop their imports. Completely. Stop exports of raw materials to them. Completely. We'd suddenly be in a position of putting Americans back to work rebuilding the manufacturing infrastructure we've thrown away, which would go far toward restoring us as the once great nation we were, instead of well on our way to being an historical footnote, incapable of providing for our own needs.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The rise of China started with supplying MFN trading status. Who would be hurt more by removing it. Who would be hurt most by selling US debt at fire sale prices. Hell, why not refuse to service Chinese owned debt if they want to play rough? Owe a guy a buck and can't pay, you're a deadbeat. Owe a trillion and can't pay, you're a partner. This is a two way street.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    If china were to do this, WE DESERVE IT. We put ourselves in this position. The masses won't pay a bit more for American goods and the corporations are all about margins. I am in manufacturing and you donBut we don't't know how many times a year it is strongly suggested that I outsource my production to China and when I refuse, these big businessmen look at me like I am stupid.

If WE bought American, if we required American products, they would be there.

SD45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    "Owe a trillion and can't pay, you're a partner. This is a two way street."

I agree that one is a partner in a sense....but if China wants to get crazy....which country anymore has the staying power? Who is building up their power grid, has numerous manufacturing jobs and facilities, no real debt, natural resources that can be exploited....and on and on.

Simply put, yes, a trillion is a great deal of money...but if they wanted to stick it to us...it would hurt us much greater than it would hurt them. They can recover much quicker.

Top Bottom