• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Where can I find one of these Chiappa Triple Shotguns? Any Indiana shops sell them or have them in stock?

Chiappa Firearms

I'd like to have a look at them and then decide if it's the perfect start for my SBS project.

Any experience with them is welcomed.

Thanks...

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Chiappa makes a lot of very interesting firearms. This one is definitely on my list along with their 1887 bootlegger. The casehardening on that model is absolutely gorgeous.

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ummmm My butt hurts now....not sure if it is sympathetic to my wallet or if I just pooped myself!

I will say one thing though for the long term collector this one would probably be a good one to pick up for the long haul. I don't really see it taking off so I am sure productions will be low.

I'll wait for the Stoeger knockoff.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    No way in hell any Beretta company will make a knockoff of that gun.

As for SBS I would not be the first guy in my "hood" to cut one. Odds are good that gun is not set up for that AND you don't want to find out after you cut.

Watched a few scenes. No ejectors, bad for HD use. Dedicated firing order of the three barrels, sucks for all uses. Note hole in dead center of muzzle area, that leads me to think barrel brazing may not run length of barrel. Odd number of shells for reload. A double or O/U with ejectors can run 6 rounds faster.

To each his own, I would treat it as a curiosity at best that your heirs will never be able to get parts for.

Last edited:

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    All the Chiappa's I have held in my hands were pieces of crap and this could be the exception but as far as I can tell their products rate under Hi-Points. I will admit I have not inspected all their firearms and maybe I will handle one that will change my mind.:dunno:

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I think it is a cool shotgun. BUTTTTT I can think of a lot of other rifles and shotguns that I would like better for less money.

Top Bottom