• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tacdriver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    VA
    way to go and great outcome all around. Personally, I have had the same experience (being pulled over and advising that I was CC'ing) both outcomes very similar to yours.

In one case I didn't even have to show my drivers licence. While both hands were on the wheel the first words out of my mouth was "I have a firearm on my person, its on my right hip my permits in my wallet, it is in my right back pocket" He was very polite, asked to see my permit, but reach for it slowly, I handed my permit to him, he walked to his car, few min later came back and said have a nice day... I still swear the light was Amber (a little more red then yellow perhaps) but never had to challenge him :)

While it's not mandatory to advise where I'm at, I look at it this way, what if the roles were reversed and I was doing his/her job. would it put me at ease & make my job a bit easier I think sure... anyway that's just me and how I roll.

Once again good story with a good outcome!

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Sounds like you had a good encounter. My only comment is this-You told the officer you were armed and actually, physically made a hand movement and touched your firearm? Don't know if that was such a good idea.
    It was concealed. I would have had to lift the shirt tail to get it. It was more of a 'location-indication' pat. Try tapping at the side of the butt under your shirt with fingers curled in, as opposed to reaching low enough to grab and draw. He took it as non-threatening gesture, which it was. :dunno:

It wasn't my first rodeo with the PD around this state. PD here tend to take note of posture, words, and actions without getting too bent.:)

Top Bottom