• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    So what would you have thought if a charity offered to pay you to get fixed telling you that they don't care about you, they just don't want you to have more children? Would you rather get $200 of help to get you out of the abusive situation you are in or be left there only to give the charity a warm and fuzzy knowing they won't have to contribute to more of your children?

I probably wouldn't have been a likely candidate for their program. I was only 17 and only had one child. I wouldn't have accepted sterilization at that point in my life.

I was able to leave my situation instead of accepting it as my normal. Some women can't or won't leave. The more children a woman has the more vulnerable she is. For women who already have two or more children with no plan to leave, this would be an option to consider.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What if the charity were to offer to merely pay for the sterilization...no money was to change hands?

I'm not really bothered by the money. Truthfully I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. I just don't believe that they give a tinkers damn about the people they're fixing.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I'm not really bothered by the money. Truthfully I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. I just don't believe that they give a tinkers damn about the people they're fixing.

What difference does it make if they care about these people? It's a consensual win win for everyone.

Go to any store & buy something, do you think the clerk taking your money gives a damn about you? Not likely. Do you still buy from that store? How is this any different?

The lady that founded the program adopted 4 kids from a crack addicted mother, so I think she does care about the kids that are born into this situation. She's probably seen first hand the effects drugs have on kids.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    What difference does it make if they care about these people? It's a consensual win win for everyone.

Go to any store & buy something, do you think the clerk taking your money gives a damn about you? Not likely. Do you still buy from that store? How is this any different?

The lady that founded the program adopted 4 kids from a crack addicted mother, so I think she does care about the kids that are born into this situation. She's probably seen first hand the effects drugs have on kids.

First dogs. Now, a sweater from Macy's. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Some people just like to argue.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    First dogs. Now, a sweater from Macy's. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.

Don't speak too soon. :D

tumblr_m89bplUxVN1qzuwd9o1_1280.jpg

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    This thing would never fly here in the U.S.

The Democratic Party wants to keep the votes coming.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    "When I use a word," [STRIKE]Humpty Dumpty[/STRIKE] Bill Clinton said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."

FTFY. It depends on what the definition of 'is' is.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    It isn't free to make. They are given money for their next fix. You are offering money to a drug addict for surgery.

Not just any surgery, a surgery that will render her unable to create life.

People are constantly enticed into making decisions for their own gain. Alcoholics and other drug abusers sell plasma for their habit. How is this any different?

BTW......Tubal ligations and vasectomies can be reversed.

Top Bottom