• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Yes, He fraternized with 'sinners and tax collectors'. He also demanded that they change their ways. Those who refused went back to doing whatever they were doing. What is your point?

By 'fraternized', you mean he sat down to eat with them and offered to make them eunuchs in exchange for cash?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You'll not convince me that He would have advocated this.

Do you think that people who want to make some improvement to the conditions around them are required to develop divine influence and force people to change their ways when Christ Himself allowed people to act of their own free will without acting against them for it?

If what you appear to be advocating would work, we could force everyone worldwide to straighten up and be model citizens in a very short time and 'save' everyone. Wait, isn't that what the 'progressives' are trying to do?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yes, He fraternized with 'sinners and tax collectors'. He also demanded that they change their ways. Those who refused went back to doing whatever they were doing. What is your point?

Being that He is God, he can make the determination of who is salvageable and who isn't. I don't think you or I get to make that call. How many churches today would turn out a junkie? I would have nothing to do with a church that did.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Do you think that people who want to make some improvement to the conditions around them are required to develop divine influence and force people to change their ways when Christ Himself allowed people to act of their own free will without acting against them for it?

Not required, but it does help.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

If what you appear to be advocating would work, we could force everyone worldwide to straighten up and be model citizens in a very short time and 'save' everyone. Wait, isn't that what the 'progressives' are trying to do?

No.

I think we should use our time and resources showing love and compassion to the people around us, even those we don't think are worthwhile.

That's what I think is right to do. The results aren't really up to us, anyways.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    By 'fraternized', you mean he sat down to eat with them and offered to make them eunuchs in exchange for cash?

Gee whiz I love this one and off libertarian thing. No, no such thing happened. But that is beside the point. Either you believe in people having the freedom to make their own choices or you don't, and it is starting to appear that you believe in affording yourself that freedom, but not others.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Gee whiz I love this one and off libertarian thing. No, no such thing happened. But that is beside the point. Either you believe in people having the freedom to make their own choices or you don't, and it is starting to appear that you believe in affording yourself that freedom, but not others.

What?

When did I say anything about freedom?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Personally, I find this "charity" and its actions repugnant. Many of these people are of diminished capacity due to their addictions. I seriously doubt they they could be considered to have given informed consent and seen the ramifications of their actions for 200 bucks. These people are horrendous and should be shut down. As for the religious slant some folks are bringing up. I'm pretty sure that it is covered in the bible.

"The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Should these addicts be allowed to exercise their 2A rights?

If so...we would trust them to possess a firearm but not trust them to make this decision on their own?

If no?

Yes

No

I don't think this charity should be stopped by the government. I just do t think its a moral thing to do.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Per the article above, these are the type of people the program helps.

Should addicts be sterilized? - Salon.com

Harris says that she relies on the discretion of the doctors not to give birth-control procedures to women who haven’t already had a child, and says—despite the fact that she does not collect this data—that most of the women have had “at least three children, as many as a lot.”

She told the Telegraph, a British paper, ”The last 20 women who underwent sterilization had been pregnant a total of 121 times and had 78 children in foster care.” A 2004 review of the data that Project Prevention collects on its clients (an incomplete and unscientific data set) reveals that their average birth rate was 3.5—above the national average, but not exactly “a lot.”

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    00599IfYouCantFeedEmDontBreedEm.jpg

Top Bottom