• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    Nothing special but I always like to see pics....so here's my ceramacoated and polished PF9.
    picture.php

changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    Thanks. Yea, I did it. Just followed directions on the can. I'm happy with it. Definatley better than the original finish. The grip is just skateboard tape. Pretty fun project.

changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    I think the Ceramacoat was around $30.00, the scateboard tape was $5.00, and I had the sandpaper and stuff to polish the barrel hanging around. So pretty cheap upgrade/project.

changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    I had the grip tape on both sides but when I carried the left side was rubbing me raw. It had to come off.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    This looks good. I have a question for pf9 owners. Do you have any issues with actuating the mag release inadvertently while firing? Is this so an operator error? Does anyone else have the same problem?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'll probably durakoat mine this winter. I have found rust on the barrel close to the muzzle, and at the breach. The slide has been rusting on me as well.

changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    Yep, same w/ me. They rust so quickly when they ride ITW agains your skin. I even wiped down alot with a silicone cloth.

changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    Took it out to shoot a little with the FNP last night. Finish held up great and no problems w/ function. So far the guns been 100% for me.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    This looks good. I have a question for pf9 owners. Do you have any issues with actuating the mag release inadvertently while firing? Is this so an operator error? Does anyone else have the same problem?

In well over 2000 rounds of 9mm and about 4000 of .22 I have yet to accidentally release the magazine.

The coating looks good, I have to say the original finish on mine is holding up fine, never have had a rust issue like many say they have had. Of course I wipe my guns down after carrying them all day.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I apologize if I missed it, but are there some "how to" type instructions for doing this? I have an old, cheap, pocket pistol that was pretty beat up before I even received it. Nothing big, just nicks and stuff on the slide, etc.

Would be interested in something like this to make it better looking.

TIA!

Top Bottom