• indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    Century Arms

Where do we start???

For the past 16 years that I know of Century is hit and miss.
    In the past they were known as the "monkeys" They were often putting together kits that were severely canted, front sights would not align with the back, AMD65's with barrels that Keyhole right out of the box, receivers with smashed rivets to the point where they are split/cracked, smashed receivers, Golani rifles that the receivers were splitting due to improper or the lack of heat treating etc.

Around the time KVAR was selling the SGL around the time of the Tax incentive, Century Arms released the Centurion Series of AK's, supposedly built with quality, parts and attention, offering warranties etc, im thinking this was Centuries way of saying "Were the new Century" not the Monkeys who used to slap together ak's and sellem quick.

my two cents im sure others will chime in here soon.

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    They got a pretty bad (and well deserved) rap for their 5.45 with 223 barrel fiasco. It generally was a prudent choice to see if the gun you wanted was built by century or imported my century. Imports were GTG. As mentioned above the was a time when you could get an SGL from Kvar for 500 or a wasr from century for a little less. The choice was clear. Now Sgls have almost tripled in price and wasrs are made better (still some have issues) and have maintained a low price. Right now CIAs Yugo pap pistols are a steal at $399. I'd buy 3.

Judson951

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    I have had great luck with my wasr's. Then I went over to atlantic firearms and bought the russian red stock set for them and it turns them into a thing of beauty.

Top Bottom