• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    I live in NW Indy near the pyramids and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a place where I can shoot centerfire rifle (.223, .308, .30-30) that is closer than Attabury or the Atlanta CC?

I really need to make friends with someone that lives "in the country".

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    if you find one, let me know. I went to Atteberry this past sunday with my newish 30-06 to try and get the scope zeroed in. But need to make another trip back.

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    Thanks everyone! Now I need to go visit these places and figure out where I need to hang out. I have way too many rifles that haven't seen daylight since moving into the metro area.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I think this is one of the most asked questions on INGO. I wish there was a place close enough we could just go after work. I go to MCFG all the time after work to shoot pistols but thats it. I recently bought a M&P15-22 just to shoot something else. I grew up in College Park and parents still own a house there so I know your pain.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    I've only visited the Indy Gun Club once, but from what I could see, looks like they would have plenty of room to build a rifle range.

I can't remember what it all looked like, but I thought there seemed to be enough open area not used by the skeet/trap shooters to put one in. But boy that place had a lot of places to shoot a shotgun.

Edit* but it might still be too dangerous being so close to houses, even with all the protection put into place, like at Atterbury.

Top Bottom