• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I've had my Droid for about 2 weeks now. It's pretty sweet. The Android platform is pretty darn good for anything, and Verizon doesn't restrict it like they do with a lot of their phones.

In terms of hardware, the Incredible has the best processor, built in flash memory, more RAM, an 8 MP camera.

If you want a physical keyboard, get the Moto Droid.

Here's a side-by-side review of the Incredible and the Droid: Motorola DROID and HTC Droid Incredible: side by side (Phone Arena Reviews)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    All you are going to get by making this thread is a bunch of +1s from people who own one of those three phones(for the most part at least).

You'd be much better off going to a Verizon store and playing around with each of them.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I have the original storm and I bought my dad one when it was buy one get one free.
    Well they can keep them, Storm one SUCKS!!! Dont know about storm two but I wont try it thats for sure.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I can only say that I chose the moto Droid over the Eris for the physical keyboard in the store, but it only took a few hours for me to decide I hated the physical keyboard. My old Centro had a much smaller keyboard and I could use it fine but on the Droid I'm always hitting multiple keys and the sausage links I call fingers just don't fit up next to the screen on the top row. If I had the choice today I'd go with the Incredible from what I hear. I'm really impressed with the Android OS and compared to my wife's BB Curve the customizability and app availability really work for me. If you want a phone that's all business the blackberry is the market leader for a good reason but for a more well rounded phone Android-based devices are hard to beat.

lyric911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Anderson
    All you are going to get by making this thread is a bunch of +1s from people who own one of those three phones(for the most part at least).

You'd be much better off going to a Verizon store and playing around with each of them.

This. What we like is irrelevant. Much like finding the right pistol, you need to just handle a lot of them and see what's best. I could answer about any specific android related question though.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I am getting rid of my Blackberry tour to get an Incredible. There is a software issue with the BB that makes me do a bunch of extra work and generally sucks. BB has known about this problem for a month and the only solution they have found is to "pull the battery" which works for a short amount of time. I really like my blackberry but I have lost faith in the RIM products due to lack of support on this end. If you are thinking about getting an incredible, do it now and you might get it in June. Unless you order through amazon, nobody has them and Verizon is out until the 31st. Ask me how I know...

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not sure about your email environment. I am on a MS Exchange Mail server.

I had the BB Storm for over a year. It was ok. I do not like having a BB Server required to sync fully with the exchange server. If you can live with IMAP or POP for your mail, ok.

I have had the storm since its release. I like it and the Android platform a lot. The only thing I do not like on the droid is the slide out keyboard. In my case, I hit the wrong keys too often using it. The screen KB is fine.

Android is superior to the BB platform.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Are bound to verizon with a contract? Dump verizon and wait for the new release of the iPhone in a couple months... With a new contract I'm sure u could pick one up reasonably. I just boycot verizon personally. Also like the fact I can tether and do many other things without extra charges.

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Elkhart Co.
    Out of those, the Incredible would be my choice.
    Sweet OLED screen, 1000mhz processor (vs 550mhz? on Droid), and a better camera.

But you do need to play with them and see what you like. Some people love the Droid and its keyboard, but I am not one of them.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    my coworker got the incredible from HTC and really likes it....

If you ask me... get an iPhone. Any of them will do, but if you can wait a bit grab the newest :)

Last edited:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    jontheturboguy - why didn't Apple's iPhone make your short list?

I am a cell phone luddite. I do not talk to anyone, much via phone. But I am getting a droid phone next week. Not my choosing.

And there IS a good site called cell phone guru, especially for pre-paid comparisons.

lyric911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Anderson
    Out of those, the Incredible would be my choice.
    Sweet OLED screen, 1000mhz processor (vs 550mhz? on Droid), and a better camera.

But you do need to play with them and see what you like. Some people love the Droid and its keyboard, but I am not one of them.

My Droid runs just fine @ 1100 MHz.

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    Id get an incredible if i had to choose from them phones. it has more ram and so on then a droid but no keyboard. If it was me id switch to another provider and get a nexus one, put cyanogenmod on it, and have usb tether

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Are bound to verizon with a contract? Dump verizon and wait for the new release of the iPhone in a couple months... With a new contract I'm sure u could pick one up reasonably. I just boycot verizon personally. Also like the fact I can tether and do many other things without extra charges.
    There's an app on Android phones to tether through USB without extra charges.

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    There's an app on Android phones to tether through USB without extra charges.

Clearing the tether state isn't anything new.
    Heck, the hack for ANY of the vxXXXX LG phones (like Dare, Voyager, etc) has been out for years.
    (btw, it is the same procedure for any of them)

Top Bottom