• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Your about to get lectured that indiana does not have CCW permit.. We have LTCH.. We can CC or OC.. I wouldnt think you seeing a phsyc. would have anything to do with it as long as your not crazy..

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Not enough info.

Have you been "adjudicated mentally insane"?

Are there any domestic disturbances involved?

Was it court ordered, or of your own volition?

If the answers to all of these questions are no, or on your own for the last one, my guess is you will NOT be denied.

BTW- Indiana does not have a "CCW-Concealed Carry Weapons" permit.

Indiana issues LTCH- License to carry Handgun

eirish2001

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You will probably need a letter from your doctor. A guy I work with saw a doctor about ten years ago when he was going through a divorce. The doctor put him on pills for anxiety. He was recently denied for his LTCH and was told he would need a letter from his doctor.

bigred198

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    thanks guys. my doctor moved to tenn. should i try to find his new office and call him and see if he will write me recomentation? i quit seeing him about 6 months ago when he moved and have not been to a another doc. since then

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    No, you will not be denied for seeing a Dr. I saw a few "drs" while going through a divorce a few years back, and one even recommended anti-depressants. I renewed my LTCH a year or so afterwords with no problem, and I didn't have to lie about anything to do so. If you are being truthful and were not deemed unstable by a court, then absolutely not, no way! will you be denied for that reason.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    You will probably need a letter from your doctor. A guy I work with saw a doctor about ten years ago when he was going through a divorce. The doctor put him on pills for anxiety. He was recently denied for his LTCH and was told he would need a letter from his doctor.
    Must be more to the story, read above.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    HIPPA law prevents the sharing of information, so unless there is an adjudication by the court, it's really hard to find out about. It's about the only law that came out of the Clinton era that was worth anything.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    seeing that doctor does not apply to that question. you are legaly allowed to get your permit and buy firearms.

how many of us vets saw a shrink while in the military?? lol. they were the ones who were crazy, hehehe

abomb86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    I dont even think that will come up in the search will it? I always thought it had to be criminal...

Top Bottom