• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tuttjs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I still want to CC carry at work. I was just playing devil's advocate and throwing out another circumstance to see if that changes anyone's mind

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm sorry, but if you threaten my life I am going to take it seriously. I don't know or care what your super-secret intentions are. You just want to scare me? Just want to score some dope? Just want the thrill of watching people die by your hand? I'm not waiting around for you to decide. As far as I am concerned, you made your choice when you pulled your weapon.

(Note: the "you" above is the theoretical Bad Guy, not "you" personally)

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Judged by 12, carried by 6. Unemployed, alive: Employed, subject to rules. Tough decision, dead is still dead. Line for jobs starts at the computer, time to update the resume, or last time to wear your "Funeral Suit".

IMO, don't ask, don't tell or show! Do what they hired you to do, and smile. You have the edge with your CC, and you will prevail if you practice. Stay legal, think and live by your integrity. If the situation goes south, only do what you must. Don't attempt pursuit, road rage, drunk, get even, etc. Good luck.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    That's the chance that you can take with your life...but I'm not relying on the kind-heartedness of armed robbers.

Or even just nutcase shooters who don't really want anything. Surprised that we're even having this kind of discussion so soon after the Aurora shooting. Right now, people have already fallen back into sheep mode as it relates to "just give him what he wants and everything will be fine."

Wow.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    :draw:Two thoughts. As a guy who loves to watch the reality shows that show armed robberies in progress I am always amazed at the number of armend criminals that when presented with an armed resistance, whether it be a gun or a bat or a broom, they turn and run. most armed robbers in my opinion are not willing to cross that line. They simply want to have the edge and create fear. I may be wrong but this is based on simple observation. No empirical evidence to substantiate my claim here.
    I would love to see a business that is involved in an armed robbery get sued by an employee that has a LTCH for failing to allow them the right to defend themselves. Not that I want someone to get shot but it is about time that we the people begin to push back for self defense. The businesses are afraid of a lawsuit from the robber that gets shot but not afraid of the employee that sues for the company failing to protect them at work. Either hire armed guards or allow CC.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I disagree. I would be willing to put most robberies that turn into shootings, the robber had no intentions of shooting his weapon once. What made him fire shots was the sudden change of plans, aka someone such as CC or police pulling a weapon on the robber.

Whoever initiates the credible threat of force is to blame, so I wouldn't worry about this "what if" scenario. If you or someone else is credibly threatened, do what you can to end the threat. :twocents:

As for the original question, that's not an insulin pump on my side. You'd be amazed what a MTAC holster from Comp-Tac can do. As an aside...a multi-tool pouch on the opposite hip does a great job of making you appear symmetrical, despite the 'equipment' on your strong side.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I don't conceal carry at work. After all, we have a big no firearms sign.

If I did I would probably write that statement in a way that it looked like I didn't, so when indexed on Google it would not show up that way...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have. If you do, you have to live by the phrase "loose lips sink ships."

Thankfully, my current employer is extremely pro-RKBA.

I also get to carry in school.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    No way I would have left one in the car there, though. One of my coworkers got the spare tire stolen off the back of her jeep in broad daylight while we were working. The tweakers would steal anything.

My corporate campus has cameras and we have marked security cars and armed special deputies. We still have problems with catalytic converters being stolen! The deputies recently got in to a foot chase with a guy that was wandering around. Turned out he had a warrant for a felony. I feel safe at work, but, still, stuff happens and those deputies are still a couple minutes away.

I work at one of those places that Homeland Security says we can't have guns. Not even in the car. I really would like to have a firearm for protection but not willing to go to (federal?) prison for it. I move around a lot... Crawl under desks to hookup computers and move boxes here and there. Gotta dress business casual, which means a tucked in shirt. Hiding a gun would be pretty tough.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Gotta dress business casual, which means a tucked in shirt. Hiding a gun would be pretty tough.

I wear button-down shirts tucked into cargo pants. I conceal a 4.5" XDm (see avatar) in an MTAC holster at work, doing some of the same crawling under desks & doing general IT stuff, though my primary duty is pushing a mouse around. I've carried this way for about 3.5 years. Nobody's ever asked about it. If you're skinny, it might be more of an issue because people don't expect your shirt to blouse nearly as much as us fat guys...and that blousing can hide an enormous pistol. But, I'm sure you'd be able to hide a compact pistol like a Kahr PM40, Ruger LC9, or that nifty new XDs. The only risk would be the plastic clips showing over your belt, if you're scrutinized.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If it came down to being shot or being fired, I would pick the latter. Only you can decide about your situation. If I felt I was in danger of being robbed, I would protect myself, and not say a word about it.

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    I work at Ozarks Pawn Shop and lucky for me we are encouraged to carry guns. The bank across the street gets robbed at least 3 times a year and we've never been hit in over 20 years. Shows what gun deterrence does.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Martin County
    My former employer had a rule against firearms in the workplace. But I had to violate that rule a couple of times when we terminated employees. Frankly, I didn't trust the employees to take the firing calmly. Fortunately they did and no one ever knew I was carrying on those days.

Top Bottom