• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I choose not to carry at work, since I work in a private psychiatric facility that is a posted GFZ. We are completely locked, and no one comes in without being wanded with a metal detector.

The car, however, is parked about 25 yards from the door with a loaded 9mm in it. If shtf, I hustle my butt to the car. The joys of locked facilities are all the locked doors...

rave1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Keep a can of raid by the register. It has a lot more range then mass or pepper spray and works just as good.

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    Ask your employer to post a " no firearms" sign, when law breakers see a sign they stop what they are doing because laws mean nothing to them but signs mean a lot to all criminals ( I think that's in the criminal handbook)

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    I represent my employer fulltime at one of our largest customers. This customer has a "Fish in a barrel policy" where they actually inform all employees and contractors that it is against company policy to have a firearm in your car. I know this is a violation of Indiana Law, but If I were to argue the issue (or get caught with something in my company vehicle) I would likely be invited NOT to come back to the party and (possibly) cost my Company hundreds of thousands of dollars in business. I guess I figure there is a greater chance of my accidentally being discovered carrying than being harmed by someone in the workplace. Besides, If anything happens it is usually a disgruntled employee who goes after members of management first. I think this is in the Union handbook or something, Cause management is the "Enemy". It's unbelievable, don't get me started.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    The first rule of a gunfight is HAVE A GUN! If your work environment dictates that you need to carry a gun, but it is against their policy, you oviously have two choices, comply or not comply. But, if you choose to comply with their policy you'll have to accept the consequences if and when you're staring down a BG. You better know how to get those narcotic dispensing machines open in a hurry - because that's all they ever seem to want.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I represent my employer fulltime at one of our largest customers. This customer has a "Fish in a barrel policy" where they actually inform all employees and contractors that it is against company policy to have a firearm in your car. I know this is a violation of Indiana Law, but If I were to argue the issue (or get caught with something in my company vehicle) I would likely be invited NOT to come back to the party and (possibly) cost my Company hundreds of thousands of dollars in business. I guess I figure there is a greater chance of my accidentally being discovered carrying than being harmed by someone in the workplace. Besides, If anything happens it is usually a disgruntled employee who goes after members of management first. I think this is in the Union handbook or something, Cause management is the "Enemy". It's unbelievable, don't get me started.
    If you keep a firearm in your vehicle, how will anyone ever find it there? Does your employer do random vehicle check? Is that legal? I understand you probably shouldn't answer my questions, and they're really directed not so much at you, as I've heard this stated before.

I know a guy who found a very dried out bag of weed under the seat of his work truck.....7 years after he quit smoking weed, it had obviously been there a very long time, and nobody had randomly stumbled across it. How does keeping a gun in your vehicle wind up getting people fired? If a person were to keep their trap shut, and I suspect this may be the sticky point, it would seem to be a non issue.

Once again, my comments aren't so much directed at you, it's just your post reminded me of what I've heard here numerous times.:ingo:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I don't carry into work due to metal detectors that we all have to go through before we leave. However, if I leave the property for lunch, it goes on the hip. A few people know I carry, due to either knowing me outside of work or seeing me on lunch, and no one says a word. My employer doesn't need to know what I do or don't do that doesn't affect their money.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    If you keep a firearm in your vehicle, how will anyone ever find it there? Does your employer do random vehicle check? Is that legal?

Company vehicle. Guess I was not clear about that. So I guess he (the boss)could legally search it.

How does keeping a gun in your vehicle wind up getting people fired?

We do about 100 hours work for this particular company each week. That equals roughly two people without work.

If a person were to keep their trap shut, and I suspect this may be the sticky point, it would seem to be a non issue.

I feel like the owner of our company has a reasonable expectation that I will follow the rules and not place the business/welfare of it's employees (my co-workers) at risk. I know some folks see it differently.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom