• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    We have a ferral cat I found on the side of the road as a kitten . He only has one green eye.I had a few names for him,but the baby named him Bobby,so I call him Robert

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Michael Schumouser or Juan Pablo Monkitten. We have Danica Catrick right now.

Jason

Having kids around the house and my 8th grade sense of humor often results in extended names. We had a cat named Harry and he became Harry-fuzzy-waddle-bottom...Rudy became Rudy-tootin'-tootie...and Jack became Action Jackson. :)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The second cat, the one we are considering fostering, also looks like Toonces. (and we would likely be adopting if he gets along with our new kitten, who currently exists in a different room at the shelter)

But I have one related question for cat folks. The shelter lists him as 16mo old. But he is HUUUUGE. (12lbs) Has anyone seen a 12lb 1YO cat before? Just seems big for that age. Plus he was fixed AND declawed before arriving at the shelter. Just seems like he would be older than estimated based on all factors. And it does make a difference. Adult cats are cheaper to adopt than kittens.

I can almost guarantee that the cat's just fat and lazy after being neutered and declawed. Is there a "belly wattle" aft of his rib cage? Happens often to fixed cats. Our male cat is big. Like Maine Coon big - just not as hairy. But most of it is due to his belly wattle. Granted, he'd be big without that...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Rude and inconsiderate!
    What did you say?!?!?!

I can almost guarantee that the cat's just fat and lazy after being neutered and declawed. Is there a "belly wattle" aft of his rib cage? Happens often to fixed cats. Our male cat is big. Like Maine Coon big - just not as hairy. But most of it is due to his belly wattle. Granted, he'd be big without that...

Nope. Just a big cat. No extra skin/fat that I noticed. (My last cat had that so I know what you are talking about)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hey wait... I've got a belly wattle and I haven't been fixed! I do confess to being lazy from time to time though. :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    He came home with us this afternoon, and his personality TOTALLY changed from the kitten room at the shelter. (they are free to roam and play with their buddies.) There he was all play, no cuddle. Like a kid in a gang of his friends at the playground. Just like a kid, he didnt want to be held and cuddled. That took away time from his friends and toys apparently.

Got him home and within 5 minutes he was purring so loudly you could hear him across the room. He barely purred at the shelter. And I dont think he has stopped since. He's purring as he walks around the house exploring.

We were considering getting a second, older cat who would be lovey. No need. This boy is a lover. We were playing a card game on the floor with the kids (Simon's Cat, coincidentally) and he went from person to person, nuzzling and licking, and then curling up in their lap for a few like he was ready for a nap.

The tentative name is Popcorn. Marshmallow is a second choice because he looks like a partially toasted marshmallow. white with golden brown patches.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    He came home with us this afternoon, and his personality TOTALLY changed from the kitten room at the shelter. (they are free to roam and play with their buddies.) There he was all play, no cuddle. Like a kid in a gang of his friends at the playground. Just like a kid, he didnt want to be held and cuddled. That took away time from his friends and toys apparently.

Got him home and within 5 minutes he was purring so loudly you could hear him across the room. He barely purred at the shelter. And I dont think he has stopped since. He's purring as he walks around the house exploring.

We were considering getting a second, older cat who would be lovey. No need. This boy is a lover. We were playing a card game on the floor with the kids (Simon's Cat, coincidentally) and he went from person to person, nuzzling and licking, and then curling up in their lap for a few like he was ready for a nap.

The tentative name is Popcorn. Marshmallow is a second choice because he looks like a partially toasted marshmallow. white with golden brown patches.

Yep, that's cat gratitude right there, or "catitude."

Top Bottom