• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    We have a LARGE long hair cat I call FTR. For Future throw rug. He likes to nap on the floor on his belly all sprawled out. I tell the kids he is practicing for his "retirement" job.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Let's see....we have had a few cats

Fluffy, Smoky, Bear, Lucky, Petunia, Midnight, Trouble (morphed into Skeaky later), Grayson, Bashful, Shadow, Freckles, Kitty Lou, Harley, Bullseye, Pumpkin, Killer Diller, Mattie Lou, Elvis, Barney, Tiggy, Tiger, Leroy, Lady, Punkin and Lilly. I may have missed a few, but I think that is most of the ones we have had over the past 20 years.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Good on you for getting a kitty out of the shelter.

I try to wait awhile before naming them, to see what if their personality suggests a name. The tough little kitty I found covered in fleas and dust behind my fire station ended up being named "Thug." He's mellowed with age tho.

I found a pair of two week-old black kittens on a medical call, and my wife named them Smudge and Cubby. Cubby seemed a bit dull and weak, rarely made a sound, just followed his brother around, We couldn't tell if he was a boy or girl, and neither could the vet. I was worried that he wouldn't make it, weighed them every day in a pail using a fish scale calibrated in ounces to see if they were gaining weight. I still have their weight record, they were only 7 and 8 ounces when I got them. Jeepers.

Cubby made it, but continued to be meek and mild until about 4 months, when suddenly he sprouted a llarge boy package! No doubt now! And he acquired an attitude to go with it, suddenly he was strutting around, cuffing in the other cats, heading out on his own, so I changed his name to Buster.

We've had Marty and Melanie and Rolypoly and Knucklehead, Boojum, Skippy, and Molly. Currently on Buster, Smudge, Thug, Miss Kitty, Irwin, Murphy (named after the gas station where he was detected), and Lacie (named sort of after the woman who found her).

And all my cats have learned their names. Takes awhile, I don't think they are programmed for it like dogs are, but I think when they discover it might be useful respond to that particular noise, they pick it up.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Harpo, Groucho, Chico, or Zeppo.

the other cat you'll get will get one of the remaining names.

If you get FOUR more cats, you'll have to name #5 Karl.

My inbred wonder kitties are named Oliver (brown mackeral tabby) and Ernie (Short for Ernestine, a dilute orange tabby)

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Coon would be good. He's got big ears, maybe something to do with that. "Basset" came to mind LOL. He is cute.

A stray showed up at our shop, we named her Izzabelle(call her Izzy) but I don't remember why she got that name.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    We had a kitten show up at our house one day and at first (s)he took to my wife. (S)he is grey and white with white markings on his/her face. When she was so young, his/her "lips" made him/her look like (s)he had ruby red lips, my wife thought. So, the cat's name became Ruby.

A couple of months or so go by and one day, (s)he jumps from my chair to the sofa and there were a couple of surprises now visible. I told my wife, her cat is now obviously a he and not a she. We turned the b around and he became Rudy and has been ever since. :D

My Uncle now calls his female cat with testicles.....Jenner. Seriously, I was cracking up as he told the story.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Read all 8 pages and can't believe nobody has come up with this name. Lucky cause he/she is lucky you picked him/her.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    My last cat's name was Spud. He would come running when called. I used to call "Spud kitty," one day my wife misheard me, and that's how the cat's nickname became "Spaghetti."

Top Bottom