• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silverbullet4x4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenwood
    Would you recommend a hard case over a soft one? I like the idea of a cloth case with storage for magazines and whatnot on the outside of it. Opinions?

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Gun case

Hard and soft cases both have their places. Hard cases for air travel and protection but boy are they bulky and a unwieldly.
    I just picked up a soft zippered case with five exterior magazine pouches from Bradis for $29.95
    They have different lengths 36", 38", 42" to name a few.

Measure your weapon first :laugh:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I use a hard case when I travel to canada hunting so that it can absolutely be locked without question. I use soft cases when I go to the range because they woun't tear up the back seat of a vehicle like a hardcase will.

Personally I prefer the soft cases because I like a little more flexiblity when stuffing the car full. Midway has some good cheapo's, but as long as the cover the gun you should be fine.

D80Buckeye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    My wife bought me the 42" voodoo for Christmas and I love it. It easily accommodates 2 ARs (including scopes), 2 handguns, magazines, ammo, accessories, tools, etc. with all of that weight they did well with including backpack functionality. I currently give it a 5/5 as it is new. My only long-term concern is that most of the bag is single stitched.

Pinball81

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    I have a 5.11 Tactical 36" single gun case. Gun fits great with extra storage pockets. I ordered from Shoes.com, of all places! Was around $85 shipped after a 25% off coupon. Very high quality.

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I'm a big fan of the Galati breakdown cases. They're very compact, incredibly well-padded, and incredibly easy to work with, since the AR breaks down with two pins. They make one that's 26" long for AR's with uppers as long as 16", and also a 22" long model for shorties like SBR's. I get a couple of uppers in the main compartment, then put the lower, two mags, VCAS padded sling, cleaning kit, Surefire X300 and tape switch, and a few extra buffers in the front compartment, all in a package that looks pretty much like a soft briefcase or messenger bag. The inside compartments have MOLLE attachment points and use velcro straps (and velcro-backed mag pouches) to hold things in place. Hope this helps -- good luck!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If you aree ordering on the internet, be careful not to cut the measurement too close. The size you measure may not be the size that fits. I bought one of the nice soft cases with the 6 mag pouches and a seperate storage compartment. It was about $80 plus shipping. Very well made and all, but the problem is that is called a 48 inch case. It measures exactly 48 inches on the outside measurement. The trouble is, that a 45 1/2 " rifle will not it inside and zipper closed.

Something to check to avoid disappointment.

silverbullet4x4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenwood
    If you aree ordering on the internet, be careful not to cut the measurement too close. The size you measure may not be the size that fits. I bought one of the nice soft cases with the 6 mag pouches and a seperate storage compartment. It was about $80 plus shipping. Very well made and all, but the problem is that is called a 48 inch case. It measures exactly 48 inches on the outside measurement. The trouble is, that a 45 1/2 " rifle will not it inside and zipper closed.

Something to check to avoid disappointment.

Good point. (goes to measure) Thanks again guys for all the advice, I'm kind of torn between a Voodoo tactical case and the Modtech case.

Top Bottom