• ...and so much more!
  • jlm223

Aim Small Miss Small
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Muncie
    Looking to buy case tumbler they all look about the same does anyone prefer one over the other ? What kind of cleaning compound and media is the best ? Whats the best deal ?

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Seems like all the cheap ones have problems, even Dillons (2 year warrenty).
    I've got the small RCBS case cleaner and I'm on motor number 3, POS. (2 year warrenty)
    The Ultra Vibe 18 is supposed to be the king of the vibratory case cleaners.

A tumbler would be great, if you can afford one (the RCBS is between 3 and $400)

I've only used corncob media, works good, add a little additive sometimes to get the cases shiny.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I just burnt up my Frankford Aresonal after 2 years. Called them today and they can't sell me or even recommend me a replacement motor. I am not sure if which one I will get next.

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    Thumblers ultra vibe 18 I have two of them and cant ask for anything better if something ever happens to these I will order more.I also have a new or like new RCBS sidewinder that I dont use

jlm223

Aim Small Miss Small
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Muncie
    I am familiar with the Frankford Aresonal tumbler, did you process a lot of brass in the two years ? Not familiar with the Ultra Vib 18 who makes it, are they very expensive like R.C.B.S. Sorry for all the ?

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    It's a Thumlers Ultra Vibe - 18. Cabelas sells them for around $180.

I believe it will be my next case cleaner, unless I find a deal on the RCBS Sidewinder.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I have the least expensive Lyman and it works fine.

For media I use walnut shell (lizard bedding).

Avoid any brass polish with ammonia.

A couple dryer sheets cut up into 1" squares will keep the dust down.

townmarshal

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    indy
    Just pruchased a replacement Vibrashine Vortex 2 wks. ago. Motor died. Can't remember exact price but was around $80 w/shipping. My first vibrashine lasted 15 years.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    A couple dryer sheets cut up into 1" squares will keep the dust down.

Speaking of dryer sheets. Anyone try tumbling brass (sealed in the appropriate bag w/media of course) in their clothes dryer on the air setting?

Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    I use a frankford arsenol Tumbler. I got if off of midway. When I was originally going to order I was going to get the lyman 1200 but the person I talked to talked me into going with the FA. The two big points the midway rep stated was that the biggest advantage they said was that midway stands behind FA and if there are any problems with them they are always concluded well. Midway said lymans customer service and warranty doesn't stand up to Frankfords. Then the next point was it was cheaper going with the FA compared to the Lyman.
    I have used it for a couple months now and has done great. I use tufnut for media and I can't remember the polish name now.. (in a white metal can.. Like what some imr powders used to come in). I have left in on days at a time, only turning it off to empty and refill without problems. It also has a on/off switch on the cord.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've had a Lyman Turbo Pro 1200 since last summer that works well, and was economically priced at the Hamburg, PA Cabella's.

Top Bottom