• ...and so much more!
  • jlm223

Aim Small Miss Small
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Muncie
    I have a Trim Pro case trimmer made buy RCBS it's the only one I have ever used so they maybe something better out their, but I really like it. The manual case trimmer sells for $86.99 from Midway, you can buy a power unit for it. :twocents:

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    The Hornady works fine. I like the RCBS Trim Pro a little better, because it is a little faster getting the cases in and out of the unit. I will say that the power adapter that goes along with the Hornady is much better. There may be a Hornady case trimmer for sale "somewhere" on the forum...you may want to do a search.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think that all the major brands are good. I have a Forster with a power adapter which works well with my hand drill. I also have a Possum Hollow case trimmer that I use for .223 brass. I got the power adapter for it as well. You can find it at:Possum Hollow Kwick Case Trimmer 17 Remington, 221 Remington Fireball, 222 Remington, 222 Remington Magnum, 223 Remington - MidwayUSA It is faster than the Forster, because I don't have to clamp the head of the case into anything for each piece of brass trimmed. Here is a video of the Possum Hollow case trimmer in use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i42nDelSKf8

I also use a power adapter for the case deburring tool that I chuck in to a bench drill press. I got the power adapters for the Forster and case deburring tool at:Trimmer Accessories - FORSTER Power Adaptor

Case Mouth Chamfering - Sinclair/Wilson Deburring Tool Package

Iron22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have a Hornady and it works very well after you play with it and read the directions, save a case for adjusting it is not truly micro adjustable.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    have a lyman universal trimmer, no collets needed. if your doing a lot of cases you will want a power trimmer or use a cordless drill like i do.

mickar15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Brownsburg
    +1 for Possum Hollow.

I have mine hooked up to my drill press. It's great if you are doing a lot of .223.

For small lots, I just use a Lee trimmer. I chuck it up in an air drill.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Thanks for all the replies! I have called Sinclair International and they said Wilson is the favorite at the warehouse. I can see using wilson for reloading my 7 mm Rem Mag and 6.8SPC but it would seem to be slow for higher volume like .40 S&W and 9 mm reloading. I think I may go pick up the Wilson today since I live 15 min from Ft Wayne. I am sytill entertaining the idea of another for higher volume reloading. Still taking suggestions and still keeping the Hornady in mind that a certain someone on here wants to sell!

boman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    indianapolis
    I use a Forster but will probably go with a power trimmer, giraud or gracie, eventually for 223 and 308

but it would seem to be slow for higher volume like .40 S&W and 9 mm reloading
    You don't need to trim pistol brass in my experience.

Steve

coyotehunter4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    WEST CENTRAL IND.
    I have a Forster that is great for the precision work. For the high volume shuff I use a Lyman power unit. I like the Forster for my 22-250 because I turn the outside of the neck and ream the inside.:ingo:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Thanks for all the replies! I have called Sinclair International and they said Wilson is the favorite at the warehouse. I can see using wilson for reloading my 7 mm Rem Mag and 6.8SPC but it would seem to be slow for higher volume like .40 S&W and 9 mm reloading. I think I may go pick up the Wilson today since I live 15 min from Ft Wayne. I am sytill entertaining the idea of another for higher volume reloading. Still taking suggestions and still keeping the Hornady in mind that a certain someone on here wants to sell!

You really don't need to trim straight-walled pistol brass. It will actually shrink with multiple firings. I like to use the same brand of pistol brass and keep it separated by number of firings. I can get a lot of firings when loading light pistol loads. I wouldn't push it when loading high pressure loads in the .40 and 9mm.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I have a Forster Precision Case trimmer. I removed the hand crank and use a cordless drill on the shaft. Works pretty good. I have really been eyeballing the Hornaday Case Prep center. But $350.00 !!!!!!

I watched the youtube video of the de burring setup with a socket. I had me a "Why didn't I ever think of that" moment! Got it now though:):

parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    Admittedly I'm cheap, but I've used the Lee for quite a few years. I don't do a large volume of cases, but it doesn't take too long to trim 50 or so.

Top Bottom