• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Anyone ever bring this up to their local school board? I got into a little factual exchange with the principal of my sons school whose attitude is if I think evil does not exist it will not. And that mentality is not going to help keep our children safe. I had a face to face with him and printed a copy of the statute that specifically allows for carrying when authorized by the school board. Even with the facts right in front of him he still refused to believe it and told me I was way off base. I told him he was what I like to call wrong! But this is comming from the same intellectual giant that told me parents and tax payers do not pay his salary it comes from the state general fund! And property taxes etc are not the source of the revenue. Again its great to be a liberal where facts can not contridict emotions and feelings. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Just wondering if any one else thought this might be worth pursuing.

mx866

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    You need to ask this guy if the gun control law that just failed in congress would have prevented any of the shootings. Once he says yes ask him why... Amazing how badly that pisses them off!!

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    No school board is not going to "authorize" someone to carry just because they are a concerned parent. There would ned to be a plan for specific people with a specifically defined role to carry in some official capacity. Rather than debating the principal, you should ask the school board if they will allow you to form a committee to research a safety patrol plan.

trgore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    South West Indy
    the liberals have hijacked the education system. You just can not argue with stupid people. You are correct the school can authorize a person to be armed on school property and even on the buses

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think you should ask your school board to allow you to carry. I bet I'll be able to hear them laughing from here.

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What you call a "little factual exchange", would be an argument that you can't win, with a person who won't listen, making none of us look any better.

Thanks, I think.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Did that and asked specifically how parents could become involved and work to help improve safety. I was ignored and dismissed and treated as some one less than qualified to even suggest that parents might be of some value given our broad range of experiences. So looks like I will be running for school board at large in 2014. I may not have an acaedemic pedigree but I have over 15 years experience in risk management. What really got me was the look of disdain when I asked him if his teachers were aware of every day things such as fire extinquishers and cans of keyboard cleaners or high powered led flashlights. All non leathal things that in the proper hands can effectively be used to stop a threat.
    AGAIN the liberal mindset that its some how morally superior to be a victim then to take responsibility for your own saftey. Unfortunately you can not have a reasoned discussion of facts with a closed mind.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    Did that and asked specifically how parents could become involved and work to help improve safety. I was ignored and dismissed and treated as some one less than qualified to even suggest that parents might be of some value given our broad range of experiences. So looks like I will be running for school board at large in 2014.

Good move. Even if you don't win the seat, you will get the chance to tell people why you are running.

trgore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    South West Indy
    So looks like I will be running for school board at large in 2014. I may not have an acaedemic pedigree .

Good luck. You do not need an academic background just the votes. To change the school being on the school board is the only way. I have thought about running for the school board as well.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Our school system is pretty open minded when it comes to firearms. I guess that is one benefit of living in a small rural community where many of the teachers, the superintendent and some of the board members are shooters and hunters.
    They gave me permission last year to bring in my Pennsylvania long rifles on a couple of occasions to help educate the kids.
    I do living history of the Revolutionary War and French and Indian War time periods and one of the middle school history teachers heard about it and invited me to come in and speak to a couple of his classes. In setting up the presentation, I told the principle up front that a long rifle was part of my presentation as a portrayal of a Colonial Militiamen, because of the important role of firearms during the founding of our country. He said, "You're absolutely correct and please bring them"
    It went so well that one of the elementary school teachers heard about it and invited me over there a few weeks later for their "Pioneer Days" activities. I was also invited back to both places for next year, before I even left the building. Heck, a week later I received a $50 check from the elementary school to help cover my time off from work.
    Granted this was not taking my Beretta M9 or AR-15 into the school to talk about the war in Afghanistan but you have to start slowly and these were obviously firearms that the school found non-threatening. I also took my nine inch bladed Rifleman's knife and a spike tomahawk. They were welcomed too!

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I'm curious if you would at least tell us the county in which your children attend school, please? I'd like to follow the race, when it comes time!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom