• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeMumz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    ive read on here about a law being passed to be able to leave your gun in your car while your at work. so are you not allowed to carry at work at all? or does this have to do with the individual company that you work for?

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    IANAL, but I believe it allows you to leave your piece locked in your car whether or not your employer likes it, anywhere else on company property is not covered. It also gives you a civil avenue in the courts if they do something to you.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I like not being allowed to have a firearm on company property a little less than not being able to have one in a courthouse.

At least in the courthouse there are a couple LEO's packing as well as a few lawyers.

Not going to say that I have something in my vehicle when I am at work... not until July that is.

JoeMumz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    guess you have to just read the employe hand book and see if there is anything saying you cant?

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Note the law exempts certain employers from having to comply with the law. The law does NOT apply to every Indiana employer, although it certainly applies to most Indiana employers.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    so are you not allowed to carry at work at all?

The law prohibits employers from firing you or discriminating against you for having a gun locked, not visible, in your car.

However, they can still have a company policy that states you cannot carry while on their property or in their buildings, etc...

This means, if you are caught carrying, they can fire you. That's about it.

They can't prosecute you, unless there is some other law prohibiting carry on that particular property (for instance if you work at a school).

However, trespass laws still apply like always. If you don't leave, you can be charged for trespassing.

Top Bottom