• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Small town guy. Don't get out much to big cities. I normally cc, so I never have an issue. Going to see the Eagles the 18th. Anyone know what they check at concerts these days? Metal detectors? will they go through the wife's purse? It's at Bankers Life Field House, if anyone's been there... I know things are pretty rough in this post 9-11 world, got a feeling I'm going to end up going unarmed. I just don't want to get at the gate and end up walking a half hr back to the car to lock up my weapon.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I haven't been to Bankers Life, but I had no problems at Lucas, any checks seemed a bit random to me. It's generally against the stadium rules, but to the best of my knowledge isn't against the law. Taking a risk on making the walk is up to you, when it comes to self defense there are no do-overs though. Generally unarmed slightly inebriated crowds of people who can afford stadium tickets seems like a target rich environment to me, it's not much of a leap to believe the less than lawful element might come to the same conclusion.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Crap... just found this on their web site. "No weapons or any kind will be allowed in the building."

executive decision for you. carry and you risk being chucked out, as its not illegal per IC, but the house can set their own policy regarding this. most they can do is ask you to leave, which you must comply or its considered trespassing.

i use my own discretion for these situations. i can't comment on security measures at this venue however.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...07-cc-indy-convention-center.html#post3866093

I am not the only person who has found this either. I can't seem to find the page through links anymore, but I believe BLF is owned by the CIB as well. Their rule cannot apply to firearms if owned by CIB, HOWEVER, they can push the group that uses the building to enact their own rule for firearms.

ETA:: http://www.lucasoilstadium.com/planners/planner-services-facility-guide.aspx

Open the guide, page 20, rule 8.

Last edited:

Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    There was no security at the doors when I went to Winter Jam last year, thought there would be so I didn't carry that night. Kicked myself for not trying to.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I ended up leaving my gun at the hotel so that I wouldn't take a chance. Turns out they were looking so close I had to check my pocket knife in at the desk.

Top Bottom