Can't find what I'm looking for... Do they make it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I would "second" the recommendation for the NRA basic pistol course. It won't cost an arm and a leg and will get you all comfortable. The NRA home firearms safety course would be good, too! The Eddie Eagle for the kids.

KevinH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you have the "hillary Hole" like my wife's S&W 642, remember that it is small, the key is small, and when the SHTF fine motor skills go away. She may have trouble dialing 911 much less screwing with a key. By then, it's too late. Training is the way to go. You can't call a time out in a defensive situation.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    While I agree that the 870 packs quite the punch, with a pistol grip it gets ugly at both ends:noway:. Some training to use what you have is a good idea.

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Don't neglect training of your kids. With all due respect, it appears that you might be looking for a foolproof safety system in a firearm. That is just not gonna be something you can count on. A safety is a mechanical device that can fail.

A couple threads well worth looking at:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-home_defense_gun_safety_-_advice_please.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/5055-do_your_kids.html

Agreed, Education is the best safety device available.

Top Bottom