• ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks for all the Response.
    NOW what the range said when I called today.
    Sorry, as I am an out of state resident, I cannot buy ammo, rent a gun, or rent range time. I cannot bring my own gun or ammo either.
    I CAN shoot if I am with someone who has a FOID card, BUT they will not take my hard earned $$. They cannot even see money change hands between me and my FOID carrying friend.
    They told me that they would like to but cannot allow me in the place alone.
    Funny, they , (state of Illinois), do not have any problem with taking my TAXES out of my paycheck!!!
    MrBlue

I was told the same thing at the gun shop in Lyons Ill. Its a shame because they had a huge selection of rental guns.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I've shot at the Glenwood range and I live in Dyer Indiana. They took my drivers license number so they know I'm not an Ill-inois resident.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Thanks for all the Response.
    NOW what the range said when I called today.
    Sorry, as I am an out of state resident, I cannot buy ammo, rent a gun, or rent range time. I cannot bring my own gun or ammo either.
    I CAN shoot if I am with someone who has a FOID card, BUT they will not take my hard earned $$. They cannot even see money change hands between me and my FOID carrying friend.
    They told me that they would like to but cannot allow me in the place alone.
    Funny, they , (state of Illinois), do not have any problem with taking my TAXES out of my paycheck!!!
    MrBlue

The range employee you spoke with is either terribly ignorant of IL laws or they have more strict rules than the law requires.

I personally have shot at an indoor range in IL using my own firearms. I don't think I bought any ammo, however.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    So purely hypothetical and slightly realvant to this thread. If I was legally carrying in Il. Looked up in back of car and unloaded as is required. I get accosted and injured or worse. Could the state on IL be sued for wrongfully death since I could have protected myself? Just wondering as I have to pass thru there to reach my new favorite camping hunting spot in MN

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Cant buy ammo in IL w/o FOID. It is ok to shoot there as long as the gun is stored and transported legally.

But Cook Co. is a whole different story all together.

You can buy ammo with an IL hunting license. No need for the FOID for out of staters.

Why you'd buy ANYTHING in IL is beyond me.. Only thing I buy there is gas to get out of there. If I could carry enough to avoid that, I would.;)

Top Bottom