Can we refund Cheaper than Dirts sponsor money and remove them from INGO?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    A little off the subject but can you give a little more detail to the blocker i hate that crap

If you're using Chrome, click on the 3 bars on the right side of the address bar. Click on tools then extensions. There should be a "get more extensions" link. Click on that and do a search for ad block. Should be the first one (I don't use that one, I use AdBlock Plus which was the 2nd one on my search).

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    If you've been spending money at CTD, you should be mad at yourself. They've NEVER been what their name implies.

This is true when you factor in their shipping. Then they become about average or slightly higher when they started off a good deal cheaper than everyone else.

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    To hell with cheaper than dirt. They can suck my left you know what! I wish we could pull their sponsorship of INGO. Everytime I see that banner, I get so pissed!:xmad:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

No thanks, don't need more stuff cluttering up my feeds. I actually didn't unlike CTD on Facebook because I find it funny to post when they put one of their "sales" up. Whoever runs their Facebook page also seems to find it funny when people :poop: on their pricing and shipping & handling costs. One thing I posted on was some item under $50 and I asked if it was going to be closer to $90 with shipping costs. The person that runs their page "liked" it and posted an LOL with my name tagged.

elliotle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Just made an order on CTD, as I am pro-capitalism. CTD is a business...they exist to make money. At this point, they are inundated with orders and supply is scarce. I don't like the prices on rifles right now either, but I also am not the one who waited until Sandy Hook and the latest gun ban talk to buy one. I'll happily buy a magazine carrier and a dump pouch for $10 while you all whine about paying more for ammo that can't be purchased anywhere.

Gee, wonder where the young voters in this country get their sense of entitlement...that everything has to be "fair" for everybody and that big business is bad?

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    ^^^ BS they raised there prices and stopped gun sale right after Newtown shooting there was no supply problems at that time thats the facts ......love how gun owner turn on them selfs like wolfs and never stand in large number platform to stop companys and goverment taking advantage of them ..........Cheaper Thendirt fell under pressure to stop there gun sales ...i will not support any company or any person who will not fight for there rights period ......for the record am not a young voter am a retired army VET ..i know of hundreds of active duty and vets who refuse to give them another dime...:twocents:

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    ^^^ BS they raised there prices and stopped gun sale right after Newtown shooting there was no supply problems at that time thats the facts ......love how gun owner turn on them selfs like wolfs and never stand in large number platform to stop companys and goverment taking advantage of them ..........Cheaper Thendirt fell under pressure to stop there gun sales ...i will not support any company or any person who will not fight for there rights period ......for the record am not a young voter am a retired army VET ..i know of hundreds of active duty and vets who refuse to give them another dime...:twocents:

They will see no more if my dimes either. Though at first it was because of their idiotic and outrageous shipping schema, this only solidifies it for me.

Dicks Sporting goods is another I will no longer frequent.

Someone needs to start a comprehensive list of the spineless corps that bowed to pressure so that sportsman can intelligently vote with their dollar imo.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    You don't like Cheaper Than Dirt, click the ad. You'll take money from Cheaper Than Dirt's pocket and put it in Fenway's pocket.

Suggesting that in public and on this site can get Fenway's advertising agreements revoked with google or whomever is used. It's a bit of trouble for a site this size. But I know you were just joking ;)

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    If they were a site sponsor, then you would see a CTD representative posting in the forums with a blue name, and they would have their own sub-forum, correct? So that means, that is just a Google advertisement, click click. They are not pop-ups of anything, so they are not annoying, no need to really block them. I've seen a few interesting ones too.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I can't believe this hasn't come up yet, but. . . .

Cheaper Than Dirt is NOT an INGO Advertiser.

To see a list of INGO Advertisers check here: INGO Advertisers - Support Our Sponsors - INGunOwners These are the businesses that pay money to INGO to promote their wares on the board.

What many are mistaking for "Advertising" is Cheaper Than Dirt being a part of a promo-banner deal that rotates at the top of the page. The businesses in this banner ARE NOT INGO Advertisers. It's simply a rotating banner that helps INGO pay its bills.

So just to be clear, INGO hasn't received any money directly from CTD for "Advertising".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom