• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It would be epic, but I rather doubt that the IRS will initiate a losing battle, which it must be, otherwise the battle would already have been started and finished.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Without exception, the IRS destroys tax protesters. Today, tomorrow, eventually it happens and they always win. Not saying it's right.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Likewise, the labor of an individual is the “expense” required to obtain the money, therefore it is not “profit,” and to declare otherwise would subject corporations such as Sears to “income taxes” on 100 percent of their cash register receipts, he argues.
    In 1969, the high court ruled: “Whatever may constitute income, therefore, must have the essential feature of gain to the recipient. This was true when the 16th amendment became effective. … If there is no gain, there is no income. … [Income] is not synonymous with receipts.”

Interesting. Speaking for myself...it just goes to show how indoctrinated we can be. It would be epic if he were to win.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Oh, God, don't get sucked into this crap. It's usual tax protestor BS. Just because the IRS doesn't prosecute you immediately doesn't mean they are letting you off, it just means that they haven't gotten to you yet.

26 USC § 61 - Gross income defined

(a) General definition
    Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle, gross income means all income from whatever source derived, including (but not limited to) the following items:
    (1) Compensation for services, including fees, commissions, fringe benefits, and similar items;
    (2) Gross income derived from business;
    (3) Gains derived from dealings in property;
    (4) Interest;
    (5) Rents;
    (6) Royalties;
    (7) Dividends;
    (8) Alimony and separate maintenance payments;
    (9) Annuities;
    (10) Income from life insurance and endowment contracts;
    (11) Pensions;
    (12) Income from discharge of indebtedness;
    (13) Distributive share of partnership gross income;
    (14) Income in respect of a decedent; and
    (15) Income from an interest in an estate or trust

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I don't know if anyone here remember Karl Kleinpaste. He used to post on the Usenet group talk.politics.guns and a guns e-mail server list that I was a member of back in the '90's. He would post every now and then about how he discovered he didn't have to pay taxes and the IRS hadn't touched him for 6 years. I lost track of him around 2000. While doing some research on spurious tax protestor arguments, I found:

Income-tax scofflaw faces 3 years in prison after guilty finding

The argument by the guy in the OP reminded me of Karl's spiels.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    Soon the beast will come and when it does he better hope he's got more than a little bit of money saved back or there's gonna be a few long nights fightin' off Bubba.:D

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This did bring me to an interesting question I had not previously considered: How is it that our time/effort/work are essentially considered to be worth zero in terms of gain for tax purposes?

Top Bottom