• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    Ok didnt have any prob getting a LTCH . But when i go to the store to buy a new .22 to hunt with i have to wait then come to find i been denied! Called to make sure i still had a valid LTCH and did. so i am wondering what the deal is with that , if anyone else has had that prob , and if so what do i do to fix that majior prob for myself.

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    there is an appeals process you can use. typically the ffl will have a copy of the "ncis appeal process." it's a pretty informative pamphlet. should give you some avenues to take. you might also give the ncis a call directly. 1-877-324-NCIS

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    What exactly does the Naval Criminal Investigative Service have to do with buying a gun?

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    see i asked the guy for a num to call and he said there wasnt one. just made me real mad that i could not buy a 22 long rifle but i can carry my gun all day if i want . but that is one num and ty i will try that and see if that will work .

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    What exactly does the Naval Criminal Investigative Service have to do with buying a gun?

It doesn't. Wrong ncis. He's meaning the national criminal information system which holds the criminal records.

For the orginal poster, they are required to tell u why u were denied. Were u told and if so, what was the reason? Also, are you going through a divorce or custody fight in court as there have bee cases where a judge can temporarily order a firearms hold against you. I think more info is needed so we can try to help you

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    It's NICS for gun purchases, I was making a joke, deerslayer try that number with NICS at the end.

And deerslayer please stop using texting shorthand when typing your post

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    no they never gave me a reason why just that the store waz told they could not sell me one . and as far as wife exwife no none of those probs and kids no prob with them except they wont go play in there room right now while mom sleeps. Last trouble i had got into waz 9 years ago i got a DUI

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    It's NICS for gun purchases, I was making a joke, deerslayer try that number with NICS at the end.

And deerslayer please stop using texting shorthand when typing your post

I figured you were but someone new may not have caught on. But yes deerslayer please stop texting shorthand and also if you would kindly stop posting in the duplicate thread you made on this. Not to be mean, just trying to help you out.

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    For the orginal poster, they are required to tell u why u were denied.

Who is "they?" The gun shop sure as heck isn't "required" to tell you why, as they are not told why (privacy issues). And NICS won't tell you either, unless you go through the VAF (Voluntary Appeals File) process, which can take up to 6 months.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Who is "they?" The gun shop sure as heck isn't "required" to tell you why, as they are not told why (privacy issues). And NICS won't tell you either, unless you go through the VAF (Voluntary Appeals File) process, which can take up to 6 months.

Wow, that would SUCK! I hope my identity is never mistaken...especially if it takes 6 months to fix it.

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    wow 6 months to to find out why. Not sure i want a new .22 that bad but it has stoped me from buying a new hand gun. Figure they wont let me get a p shooting long rifle and that made me mad sure dont want to be told that for a pistol, and 2nd hand pistols just dont got that same mmhm felling as a brand new one

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Buy a used one from an individual.

I believe that would be considered illegal also. I'm not 100%, but if you are not allowed (denied) by the NICS (I apologize for my typo earlier), then I don't believe you are allowed to purchase one, period. If I were a private seller I wouldn't want to take the liability. That is, if I knew. Withholding that information is not right either; you run the risk of getting an innocent person in trouble.

Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom