• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    shewwww i am glad you said atm because that is my main source of all my guns and my pashion of collecting was just about crushed. and ty you all for the info so far.

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Unless he meets one of the requirements to become prohibited from owning a gun, I don't care how many times NICS denies him, it's still legal for a non-FFL to sell him a gun.
    This is the one place where the Gov't can **** off.
    amenw.gif

JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I never got a number. Since I was 21 I always had a hold(I'm the third). One day I go to BGF and buy a gun, they run my info, I'm all set for my 3 day wait he come back with the proceed. The only thing I have on my record is fishing w/o license( thank you shelbyville). Don't know why, don't care.

Hey slayer I'll still sell ya guns. Got a xd .40 for $975.00 no wait either

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    The last time I went through the appeals process the waiting time (quoted to my by NICS customer service in the phone) was 122 days. The appeal took almost exactly that long. Please note that you can file an appeal, without going through the VAF (voluntary appeals file) process. The standard appeal, if granted gets you a certificate to make a purchase at the dealer that you were attempting to purchase from when you were denied. The dealer is required to give you the transaction number from the denied transaction, if you request it. The transaction number is necessary to go forward with the appeals process. Once you have the certificate, you may purchase as many guns as state law allows with this certificate. It may be used only once, and only at the dealer that called in the original transaction. You may choose to go through the VAF process. This requires that a form be completed, and fingerprints be submitted. This procedure allows NICS to keep your information on file, which normally is not the case due to the privacy act. If your application for VAF is accepted, you are issued a UPIN (unique personal identification number) which is entered on the 4473 every time you make a purchase. In 7 years I was denied twice, and delayed every time until I got the UPIN. Since I received my UPIN I have never been delayed or denied. NICS never explained to me why I was having issues, but I suspect someone with a similar name had issues. I will not put my SSN on a 4473, so that exacerbates the identification issues.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It doesn't. Wrong ncis. He's meaning the national criminal information system which holds the criminal records.

For the orginal poster, they are required to tell u why u were denied. Were u told and if so, what was the reason? Also, are you going through a divorce or custody fight in court as there have bee cases where a judge can temporarily order a firearms hold against you. I think more info is needed so we can try to help you

Who is required to tell you if you are denied? Not the FFL... NICS doesn't tell us!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... This procedure allows NICS to keep your information on file, which normally is not the case due to the privacy act. ... I suspect someone with a similar name had issues. ...

Interesting.

Since the gov't is so inept it cannot distinguish Mr. Lawabiding citizen from Mr. not-Lawabiding citizen, all Mr. Lawabiding has to do is sacrifice some privacy to purchase firearms from an ffl. Nice.

What's stopping NICS from denying everyone (or deliberately, and incrementally denying batches of people), just so they go through the appeal process AND NICS can retain their personal information?

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Interesting.

Since the gov't is so inept it cannot distinguish Mr. Lawabiding citizen from Mr. not-Lawabiding citizen, all Mr. Lawabiding has to do is sacrifice some privacy to purchase firearms from an ffl. Nice.

What's stopping NICS from denying everyone (or deliberately, and incrementally denying batches of people), just so they go through the appeal process AND NICS can retain their personal information?

There is absolutely nothing stopping them. They are the government, and they can do what they please, when they please, whether we like it or not. I had to conform to their system. I had to give up my right to privacy in order to keep my second amendment right to bear arms. This is how they keep the sheep in line, it is all give and take. The only think I can say is they may think I am a sheep, but I am actually a big bad wolf in sheep's clothing, and there may come a time when it will be necessary for me to prove it in order to maintain what rights I have left.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... I had to conform to their system. I had to give up my right to privacy in order to keep my second amendment right to bear arms. ...

KM, I hope you understand I'm not ragging on you. Just disgusted with the procedure. Sorry you had to go through it. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    KM, I hope you understand I'm not ragging on you. Just disgusted with the procedure. Sorry you had to go through it. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Didn't take it that way at all. I agree with you 100%. We are constantly having to make choices and deciding which of our rights we wish to keep, and which of our rights we have to compromise in order to keep the others. It sucks! It's not fair! It's is not right. Our politicians do not represent us, they do what THEY want. Our government is not of the people, by the people, and for the people, it a few people that make the rules, a few people who enforce what they perceive to be the rules with their own interpretation factored in, and a few people who decide what rules are, and are not constitutional. It is a system that has it's good points, and it's bad points. It will never be perfect, but it is what we have to work with, and we have to do the best we as the peeps can to make the system work to our advantage.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I never got a number. Since I was 21 I always had a hold(I'm the third). One day I go to BGF and buy a gun, they run my info, I'm all set for my 3 day wait he come back with the proceed. The only thing I have on my record is fishing w/o license( thank you shelbyville). Don't know why, don't care.

Hey slayer I'll still sell ya guns. Got a xd .40 for $975.00 no wait either
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: He would be getting screwed twice in the same week.

Top Bottom