• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    just got an iPhone and downloaded the app been geocaching for a week now. Lots of fun for the whole family. I know there has to be more than just me.

Cbarnett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Earth
    I've done it for awhile - It's just one of those hobbies I get bored with pretty quickly.
    It's fun to do when you travel.

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    been geocaching for 2 or 3 years now. Was pretty "hard core" but have slowed up a lot in the last year. Need to get out there a bit this year, as I havent done much yet. Enjoy the heck out of it and have found some pretty cool places because of it.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Puzzle Caches kinda vary, but they often require finding multiple clues (dates on a building, address numbers, that sort of thing) that end up giving coordinates to the actual cache itself.

Like everybody here, I tend to do it a bunch for a while, then kinda slack off, then pick back up, over and over again.

Benchmarking is something I like more, really - I can do it just about anywhere, and it's kinda like a part of history..

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    There is a puzzle/multicache in the Jefferson County area that I highly recommend! It is called "The Holy Grail" It is not too hard but it takes you to some cool places...especially the finaly cache.

The iphone isn't terribly accurate. If you're going to be doing some caches in heavy cover, you might want to use a handheld gps. I love how they have the app for the iphone though. Paperless caching is the best.

I had been slacking off but I did one the other day and now I have the fever again. I'm going to try and get a couple while in Jamaica the week after next.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I have had no issues with my iPhone being inaccurate. The first one we did was in Lincoln State Park. We do take a regular GPS though.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I have had no issues with my iPhone being inaccurate. The first one we did was in Lincoln State Park. We do take a regular GPS though.

Well that is good. I don't actually have an iphone but I was reading on the groundspeak forums about it. I guess I'm regurgitating internet information which we all know could be bad. Sorry. How's the battery life on the phone after a day of caching?

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Not saying it might not have issues, just that I haven't had any. LOL, I bought a car charger, however I would say that my GPS kills batteries about the same rate.

suby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Greenwood
    Seems like a trend with geocachers lol. I tend to do the same thing; find a bunch then quit for a while then start up again. Thanks to geocaching I now know where 100s of small cemetaries are in brown, jackson, and monroe counties. Not sure what I'll ever do with that knowledge :dunno: but it was fun

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    I went once with a former co-worker. He was into it alot. I found the cache, a coffee can. Inside was a tape measure, a magnafying glass and a plastic easter egg with the words "fools gold" written in Sharpie. I took the fools gold because it looked cool as hell. I put a swiss army knife in the can and hid it where I found it. I carried the "fools gold" in my pocket for over a month. I showed it to another co-worker at lunch one day. He was a real rock hound and he said he believed my "fools gold" to be real. I took it to a local jewelry shop to see what they thought. Come to find out it was real!!!!! I was offered $400 for it but decided to keep it. I still have it. I keep it in the same plastic easter egg but I added the word "NOT" with a Shaprie above the words "FOOLS GOLD"

I feel like going again now....lol

Top Bottom