• Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    IF you own a Johnson Safe...

Have you had them re-configure your safe innards?

I think I have a 36" wide one. Half long gun storage, half shelving. It may be 60/40.

Anyhow, I'll be basically given 7 more long guns in the future for secure storage until final disposition can be decided upon. I don't have room in the current arrangement.

I think I remember part of the sales pitch is that Jeff would construct / reconstruct / reconfigure the innards if needed. Maybe for a fee, maybe "included" with the sale price. I cannot remember.

Has anyone gone through him/them for a re-configuration or have you done it yourself?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My safe was not a Johnson but they are all pretty similar. I did the job myself.

I didn't need the little shelves so I just Cut a 3/4" plywood board the size that would span the whole safe. Then I used a 2-1/4" hole saw to make 3 rows of holes. The middle row was staggered between the front and back row.

I did not get around to try to upholster the rack, it never hurt any of my long guns. I do keep my fine grade shotguns and rifles in treated gun socks.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

oh-my-george-takei.gif

BlueDrew2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Hancock Co
    I haven't had to deal with this particular problem, but would encourage contacting him and just seeing what he can do for you. He was very professional with me and after my first safe being delivered, I ordered my second, which is still on order. I haven't had a better service experience than with Jeff.

-Drew

Top Bottom