• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hick185

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I am in the process of getting the address changed on my drivers license(PITA). I never new that you are required to notify the BMV of a changed address within 60 days. Well I found out about 3 years too late. So I'm taking care of that because I've found a handgun that I want to adopt. The handgun is on sale right now and the sale ends before I will receive my new license in the mail. I was just wondering if anyone has bought a firearm with the temporary license(paper) that the BMV issues until the permanent license is received?

Last edited:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I've done it, the dummy front liner @ GM(who's the dummy, him for not knowing the law or me for shopping @ GM?) tried to deny me but the manager got it straightened out.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I had just moved and not updated my licence yet when I attempted to buy an AR a couple years ago, no dice. I ran to the BMV, got it updated and got the little paper thingy they give you temporarily. Ran back to the gun shop and no dice, had to wait until my real license came in the mail. :rolleyes:

KMG55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Lawrence
    I bought my last pistol with the piece of paper and my old license. The guy that sold it to me said it was a good thing I had my old license. Not sure he meant it made it easier for him or if he wouldn't sell it to me with both. Long way round to say that I think you should be able to buy,but maybe bring your old license with you also.

hick185

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    i was thinking that i should be able to because is it gov issue. but after the hassle i've had trying to get my license changed got me wondering.. and no i don't think there is a lay-a-way. honestly didn't know that gun shops did a lay-a-way. might have to run down to the gun shop tomorrow and find out. Thanks guys.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    My last purchase was with an out of date address on my license. I told them about it, and that I had just moved within the last month (which I had) and they had no problems. Just filled out the new address on the paperwork and showed my ID.

Top Bottom