• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    When buying out of state, does the FFL collect state sales tax? Just wondering if I'll get hit with another ~ $30 when I pick it up.

Thanks.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Thanks. I'm surprised they don't considering every FFL would collect sales tax for local purchases. I'd think the day is coming though since they're trying to cover every other loop hole on out of state purchases.

Bought a car out of state and got nailed for the sales tax when I had to register it.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    sales tax is to be paid, whether you pay it at the store bought from or if from out of state you claim it on your taxes... not up to the FFL to collect on a transfer

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    If you buy any vehicle and pay sales tax, you should get a form st-108. That will prove that you paid the tax, with that, they can't charge you twice.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If your local FFL tries to get you to pay them "sales tax"... You need to find another FFL to do business with.

Then you need to report them to the BBB and then to the local/state tax authorities for attempting to rip people off.

There WILL come a day when we'll pay some kind of sales tax for our out of state online purchases - but that's in the future.

For now, we're required to report our online purchases on our State Income Tax forms - and will be taxed accordingly.

-J-

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    If your local FFL tries to get you to pay them "sales tax"... You need to find another FFL to do business with.

Then you need to report them to the BBB and then to the local/state tax authorities for attempting to rip people off.

There WILL come a day when we'll pay some kind of sales tax for our out of state online purchases - but that's in the future.

For now, we're required to report our online purchases on our State Income Tax forms - and will be taxed accordingly.

-J-

Any how many people are on the up and up on reporting out of state purchases on their forms? I bet it's the opposite of folks Good Will donations. :dunno:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Any how many people are on the up and up on reporting out of state purchases on their forms? I bet it's the opposite of folks Good Will donations. :dunno:

I have been personally convicted (think: religious conviction, not a legal one) to do my absolute best to record my online / OOS purchases on our income tax forms.

I urge all INGOers to do the right thing and obey the law.

-J-

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    I commend you, and I too try to keep track and pay my part, but I doubt that is the norm, that's all I was trying to say. No foul no harm intended.;)

Top Bottom