• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmgreen13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Parts Unknown
    I am trying to buy a gun from Gunbroker,com, but I am having some issues. I created an account and it said that my account has been flagged as suspect and they can't verify my identity. They want me to fax them a copy of my DL and an utility bill, the problem is that all of my utility bills are in the name of my roommate. So, is there anything else I can send them along with my DL? I have emailed the support center but it said it could take up to 48hrs for a response and the gun will be off of auction in about the same time.

I have an FFL ready to go, so if I could get the seller on board is it still legal to just cut gunbroker out and have him ship to my FFL and we set up a payment plan? Or are there any other options? Thanks.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Send the DL and e-mail them what you are doing. After doing several transactions with them they pulled the same crap on me. They let me back in after I sent a utility bill and copy of DL. I would also contact the seller for an update if possible,

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    I would get on the phone with them and actually talk to a person. See what the problem is and explain the situation. Worst case, there are plenty of other sites you can buy through. I've purchased from Gallery Of Guns before without any issue.

bmgreen13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Parts Unknown
    Thanks for the advice, I sent my DL and emailed them the situation. We will see what happens now. I wish I could call them, but unfortunatley I dont see a number on their site, only email and fax.

bmgreen13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Parts Unknown
    How does paying with a credit card work on gunbroker? Is it just like most purchases where it is added to your statement right away or does it not get billed to you until the 6th of the month? I was reading that it bills you on the 6th but I didnt know if this was for sellers only?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How does paying with a credit card work on gunbroker? Is it just like most purchases where it is added to your statement right away or does it not get billed to you until the 6th of the month? I was reading that it bills you on the 6th but I didn't know if this was for sellers only?

Huh?

You shouldn't (as a buyer) be paying diddly squat to Gunbroker. You should be paying the seller directly after the auction ends.

EDIT: most sellers don't take CC's. Most of the time is money orders or cashier checks.

Top Bottom